Quick Reference to ERISA Compliance, 2021 Edition
Quick Reference to ERISA Compliance details the various reporting and disclosure requirements under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) and other benefits-related legislation. Explanations are illustrated with numerous flowcharts, decision tables, and forms to help plan sponsors and plan administrators comply with ERISA. In addition, the publication provides an overview of fiduciary responsibilities, trust and plan document requirements, and special rules for group health plans. A topical
index is also provided.
Quick Reference to ERISA Compliance, 2021 Edition, includes the following updates and additions:
- Updated and expanded ERISA electronic disclosure rules by the Department of Labor (DOL)
- Guidance issued by the DOL and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on permitted delays in reporting and disclosure because of COVID-19
- Updated Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation premiums submission, missed contributions, and reporting delays due to COVID-19
- Suspension of 401(k) Safe Harbor contributions for the 2020 plan year due to COVID-19
- Final rule issued by the IRS and the DOL to determine Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act special enrollment timeframes under COVID-19
- Extension of Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 election notice and enrollment deadlines under COVID-19
Note: Online subscriptions are for three-month periods.
Previous Edition: Quick Reference to ERISA Compliance, 2020 Edition, ISBN 9781543811704