In the second part, the author analyses whether the right of publicity tort can be developed into a new intellectual property right. In a challenging study, the author discusses the justifications and property nature of this intellectual property right and its conflict with the principles of free trade and free speech .
The author concludes that it is possible to define a new assignable and descendible intellectual property right in which the principles of free trade and free speech are integrated: the Right of Persona .
This book will be a valuable and practical source of case law and literature on the protection of celebrities and non-famous persons against the unpermitted use of their identity by advertisers, the press, the entertainment industry and other media.
|Update Frequency||As Needed|
|Product Line||Kluwer Law International|
- United States: The Right of Publicity
- United States: Other Legal Theories
- The Netherlands: Portrait Law
- The Netherlands: Other Legal Theories
- Justifications for a Property Right in Human Persona
- Is the Right of Publicity an Intellectual Property Right?
- Content: Integration of the Freedom of Speech Principles
- Content: Discussion of Case Law
- Protection of Performers
- The Right of Persona, A New Intellectual Property Right