This collection of thirteen essays by notable Turkish legal academics in the field presents practitioners and researchers with in-depth analysis and commentary on such aspects as the following:
- ways to raise the floor on working conditions;
- impact of multinational corporations’ research and development activities on skills and labour costs;
- education inequalities, skills development, and the role of technology;
- environment and sustainability issues;
- Turkey’s proposed severance pay fund as a flexicurity measure;
- the nature of subcontracted labour particularly as revealed in Turkey’s shipbuilding industry;
- labour unionism and collective bargaining;
- female employment and gender-based discrimination; and
- mobbing and workplace bullying.
|Update Frequency||As Needed|
|Product Line||Kluwer Law International|
Notes on Contributors.
Part I. General and Global Issues.
Chapter 1. Turkey and the Emerging Trends in Global Labour Mobility; A. Şen-Taşbaşı.
Chapter 2. European Multinationals’ Offshore R&D Strategies towards Turkey with Regard to Labour Capabilities, Skills and Labour Costs; A. Tuncay-Celikel.
Chapter 3. Industrial Employment, Emissions and Sustainability in Turkey; S. Acar.
Part II. Labour Market and Employment Issues.
Chapter 4. Education Inequality among Working Age Population in Turkey: A Cohort Analysis; B. Yanık-İlhan, N. Aydıner-Avşar .
Chapter 5. Skills, Technology and Working Practices in Turkey; P. Falcıoğlu.
Chapter 6. The Role of NGOs in the Improvement of the Turkish Labour Market; B. U. Altay.
Part III. Labour Law and Practice. 7. Severance Pay Fund As a Flexicurity Policy; S. A. Limoncuoğlu.
Chapter 8. Some Current Practices and Problems of the Principal Employer–Subcontractor in Turkey: The Case of the Shipbuilding Sector; Y. P. Soykut-Sarıca.
Part IV. Industrial Relations.
Chapter 9. Freedom of Association in Turkey from the Perspective of ILO and EU Norms; T. Dereli.
Chapter 10. The Future of Labour Unionism in Turkey; U. Omay.
Part V. Workplace Issues.
Chapter 11. Female Employment in Turkey; S. Çakmak Şahin .
Chapter 12. Discrimination against Women’s Employment: An Overview from Turkey; G. Özçelik.
Chapter 13. Dealing with Destructive Workplace Behaviour: An Overview of Mobbing in Turkish Organisations; A. H. Yüksel .