Stefan started his professional career in 1994 with Coopers & Lybrand in New York. After two years he transferred to Coopers & Lybrand Switzerland, today PricewaterhouseCoopers in Zurich. From April to June 2006 he did a short-term assignment to PwC Shanghai.
Stefan is the Swiss lead tax partner for various internationally operating groups, with:
- Over 20 years of professional experience in setting up international structures for quoted and family-owned multinational groups with an emphasis on implementing tax aligned business models
- Location planning for Swiss and foreign multinational groups (Location comparison studies)
- Assisting multinational groups in setting up their operating model which includes for instance the legal form of local operations (representation offices versus permanent establishments versus own subsidiaries)
- Assisting multinational groups in implementing and maintaining intellectual property and intercompany financing structures
- Assisting multinational groups in structuring their European and global investments with a focus on future profit repatriation
- Assisting multinational groups in claiming tax incentives and other benefits offered by the economic development programs of Switzerland
Stefan is the Swiss International Tax Services Leader and is heading PwC Switzerland’s China Business Group.