This publication provides a thorough understanding of the environment we must work within. Trends in competition, industry structures and technology are explored, offering a total picture of the telecommunications industry in areas such as telecommunications equipment, long distance services, wireless services, the Internet and data services, information services, video services and more.
Drawing from real-world scenarios, the authors prepare for everything from planning for and dealing with the damming e-mail to understanding the ease of manipulation and altering of electronic information. Whether advising a client on electronic data retention policies, initiating or responding to discovery requests, or making evidentiary rulings, this publication will help stay on top of the procedural rules and technology issues that affect the law.
Find a timely review of key legislation, FCC rules, regulations and orders, and court decisions with extensive citations and cross-references for such essential topics as:
- The economics of interconnection and detailed discussions of pricing methodologies of offering services for resale
- Interconnection rules for wireline networks, including the specific rules imposed on incumbent LECs
- Antitrust litigation in the wake of the 1996 Act, with comprehensive analysis of the cases brought against incumbent local telephone companies
- Significant changes to universal services requirements
- Regulations and policies involving horizontal and vertical mergers and acquisitions
- The FCC's rule-making and other powers
- Rights and duties arising from the laws of privacy, intellectual property and free speech