Switzerland is generally regarded as one of the World's leading sites for arbitration proceedings. The membership of the Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA) is graced not only by Swiss arbitrators but also by many of the world's best-known arbitration practitioners. The Statistical Report of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) has repeatedly ranked Switzerland first for place of arbitration, origin of arbitrators and applicable law. The ASA Bulletin
, is the official quarterly journal of this prestigious association. Since its inception in 1983 the Bulletin has carved a unique niche with its focus on arbitration case law and practice worldwide as well as for its judicious selection of scholarly and practical writing in the field. Its regular contents include:
- Leading cases of the Swiss Federal Supreme Court
- Leading cases of other Swiss Courts
- Selected landmark cases from foreign jurisdictions worldwide
- Arbitral awards and orders under various auspices, including ICC, ICSID and the Swiss Chambers of Commerce ("Swiss Rules")
- Notices of publications and reviews
Each case and article is usually published in its original language with a comprehensive head note in English, French and German.
Books and journals for Review
Books related to the topics discussed in the Bulletin may be sent for review to the Editor (Matthias Scherer, LALIVE, P.O. Box 6569, 1211 Geneva 6, Switzerland).
ETA: Available: Item ships in 5-7 Business Days