Unleash the power of outsourcing with this hard-hitting, concise resource for contract management.
In today's highly specialized business world, many organizations are outsourcing to strategic partners in an effort to cut costs while maintaining good customer relations. Because their reputation is on the line, these companies must carefully manage partnership agreements, e-procurement solutions, and integrated supply chains to meet the exacting expectations of customers.
A strong contract management program is paramount to companies that outsource, paving the way to stronger and more efficient business relationships that enhance, rather than reduce, the bottom line.
World-Class Contracting can help you gain a thorough understanding of the contracting process. Whether you are buying or selling contracts, this book will prove an invaluable desktop resource.
This new, Sixth Edition is fully updated to reflect recent changes in laws, regulations, and business practices. In addition to significant revisions to existing material, the text contains two entirely new chapters on unauthorized commitments and constructive changes, and creating a world class contracting organization.
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|
- Chapter 1: Building Successful Partnerships in the e-Business Age
- Chapter 2: Building Trust, Managing Expectations, and Honoring Commitments
- Chapter 3: The Contract Management Process
- Chapter 4: Teamwork—Roles and Responsibilities
- Chapter 5: Global Contracting Concepts and Principles
- Chapter 6: e-Procurement and Contracting Methods
- Chapter 7: The Preaward Phase
- Chapter 8: Contract Pricing Arrangements
- Chapter 9: The Award Phase
- Chapter 10: The Postaward Phase
- Chapter 11: Global Contract Management—Misconceptions and Best Practices
- Chapter 12: Creating Value and Getting Results
- Chapter 13: Contract Management Maturity Model
- Chapter 14: Contract Management Risk & Opportunity Assessment Tool
- Chapter 15: Unauthorized Commitments and Constructive Changes
- Chapter 16: Building Teaming Arrangements
- Chapter 17: Managing U.S. Government Subcontracts
- Chapter 18: Creating a World Class Contracting Organization
- Appendix A: Contract Management Forms
- Appendix B: United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods
- Appendix C: The Uniform Commercial Code
- Glossary of Key Contract Management Terms