The 2018 Edition of the U.S. Master Payroll Guide is designed to meet the needs of customers who handle their payroll internally, outsource their payroll, subscribe to an electronic payroll library, or who cannot afford a comprehensive payroll resource.
It serves as a reference guide for finding quick answers that are written in plain language. The content focuses on the basics of payroll and some of the key areas include federal withholding requirements, federal taxable payroll laws, federal records & returns, wages and hours, and garnishments.
Changes to the 2018 Edition include:
- Updated 2018 withholding table examples
- 2018 pension limits
- Updated state reciprocal agreements list
- State payroll card laws updated
- State taxable wage bases updated for 2018
- Updated state minimum wage chart
- And more!
Previous Edition: U.S. Master Payroll Guide, 2017 Edition, ISBN : 9781454885450
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|
- Employers and Their Obligations
- Processing New Employees
- FLSA: Employee Classifications
- FLSA: Wages and Hours
- FLSA: Recordkeeping and Enforcement
- What Are Wages?
- Payment of Wages
- Tax Treatment of Fringe Benefits
- Tax Treatment of Deferred Compensation and Retirement Benefits
- Tax Treatment of Health Benefits
- Tax Treatment of Other Specific Payments
- Basics of Payroll Withholding
- FICA Taxation
- FUTA Taxation
- State Unemployment Insurance
- Garnishments and Other Deductions from Pay
- Tax Deposits and Returns
- Statements to Employees/Information Returns
- Payroll Management and Administration Issues
Spend less time struggling with payroll and more time on the things you love!
When you can handle payroll, you can handle pretty much anything. The benefits and resources an American Payroll Association membership provides help you overcome the daily challenges, keep in compliance, and avoid the stress of payroll so that you have the time and freedom to pursue a better work-life balance.
White Paper: Impact of Tax Cuts and Jobs Act 2017 on Retirement Benefit Plans, Executive Compensation, Employee Benefits, and Payroll
This complimentary white paper specifically analyzes the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (P.L. 115-97) – the most sweeping tax legislation in 30 years – on retirement, benefits, executive compensation, and payroll professionals.