Trusts in Prime Jurisdictions presents an overview of 15 jurisdictions where trusts are part of the economic and legal landscape. It comprises 27 expert papers, contributed by practitioners and academics, on various aspects of trust law, taxation and related subjects, both on and offshore.
The work will be a valuable resource for the specialist practitioner wishing to gain a broader, international perspective, and for the professional newer to the field who requires a good basic knowledge of the subject.
|Publish Frequency||As Needed|
|Product Line||Kluwer Law International|
- Part I. Introduction.
- Introduction; A. Kaplan
- The Hague Convention on the Law Applicable to Trusts and their Recognition; H. Kötz
- Overview of Trusts in England and Wales; M. Frost
- Estate Planning with Trusts in the United States; R. Whitman
Part II. Jurisdictional Overview.
- The UK Tax Treatment of Offshore Trusts; R. Citron
- Use of Trusts by US Citizens in International Tax Planning; J. R. Duke
- Estate Planning for US Citizens Residing Outside of the US; D. K. Roskies
- Trusts in Australia; T. Johannson
- Trusts in the Bahamas; P. D. Maynard
- Trusts in the British Virgin Islands; C. J. McKenzie
- Taxation of Trusts in Canada; M. J. Rochwerg, M. T. Cass
- Trusts in the Cayman Islands; A. Travers, J. Appleyard
- Trusts in Gibraltar; J. Levy, L. Kentish
- Trusts in Guernsey; St John A. Robilliard
- Use of Trust Held Dutch Companies for International Tax Planning; B. Larkin, J. A. Dekker
- Trusts in India; R. Nath.
- Trusts in Israel; A. Kaplan
- Tax Aspects of Trusts in Israel; L. Harris
- The Trust in the Liechtenstein Law on Persons and Companies; G. Meier
- Utilisation of Foreign Trust Structures in Luxembourg; H. Parize
- A Swiss Perspective on Trusts; P. Supino, A. C. Limburg
Part III. Special Topics.
- Asset Protection Trusts; G. Rothschild
- The Uses of Trusts in the Commercial Context; D. Hayton
- The Use of UK Trusts for Holding and Dealing with Works of Art and Chattels; D. J. Smith
- Proposed Money Laundering Legislation in Israel; G. Levertov
- Offshore Centres under Attack; R. J. Hay