- the scope and extent of public access to documents under Regulation 1049/2001;
- the impact on public access of Regulation 1367/2006 (the ‘Aarhus Regulation’);
- the procedure for applying for public access;
- rules on classified information;
- data protection and public access;
- the openness of decision-making,
- the relationship of Regulation 1049/2001 and other rules on access to documents;
- the law pertaining to the Official Journal;
- other aspects of transparency of EU decision-making, such as languages, quality of drafting and the involvement of lobbyists;
- remedies in Court and before the Ombudsman.
|Publish Frequency||As Needed|
|Product Line||Kluwer Law International|
Cited Case Law and Ombudsman Decisions.
Foreword to the Second Edition.
Foreword and Acknowledgements.
Chapter 1. Introduction.
Chapter 2. Scope of Regulation 1049.
Chapter 3. General Principles of Regulation 1049.
Chapter 4 . Exceptions.
Chapter 5. Restrictions.
Chapter 6. Procedural Rules Concerning the Access to Documents.
Chapter 7. Regulation 1049 and Other Legislation.
Chapter 8 . Active Public Access: The Registers and the Official Journal.
Chapter 9. Other Aspects of Transparency.
Chapter 10. Remedies.
Chapter 11. A Brief Outlook for the Future.
Chapter Annexes 1–12: Documents.