Tort Law Desk Reference: A Fifty State Compendium, 2017 Edition
Book - Softcover
Whether you are confronted with multi-state tort litigation, have the opportunity to litigate a tort case in one of several states, or must initiate or defend a case in an unfamiliar jurisdiction, Tort Law Desk Reference quickly gives you the information you need about the tort laws of each state.
With succinct summaries of laws and citations to controlling statutes and case law, this indispensable guidebook answers vital questions about each state’s tort laws, such as:
- Is the claim or lawsuit barred in the jurisdiction where it was filed?
- Does a “no-fault” statute limit the right to recovery?
- Do joint liability provisions require a minimally liable defendant to pay the entire judgment?
- If there is no breach of contract or breach of warranty claim, is a fraud and misrepresentation claim viable?
- Under what circumstances can a trespasser recover against a property owner?
- And much more
You’ll be able to quickly determine available causes of action, realistic defenses, and permissible damages...and you’ll have at your fingertips current and leading citations necessary for more detailed research of specific issues.
No other resource simplifies the process for making critical tort litigation choices like Tort Law Desk Reference. It’s the only single volume book that expertly digests the many significant provisions of every state’s tort law in a clearly organized and uniform format. State-by-state, you get up-to-date coverage of statutes and case law covering
- “No-fault” limitations
- The standard for negligence
- Res ipsa loquitur and ultra-hazardous activities
- Negligence per se
- Bar of workers’ compensation statute
- Premises liability
- Dram shop liability
- Economic loss
- Fraud and misrepresentation
- Wrongful death
- Attorney’s fees
|Update Frequency||Published annually|
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|