The Crypto Controversy: A Key Conflict in the Information Society
This is not yet another study of the crypto controversy to conclude that this or that interest is paramount. This is not a study commissioned by a government, nor is it a report that campaigns on the electronic frontier. The Crypto Controversy is neither a cryptography handbook nor a book drenched in legal jargon.
The Crypto Controversy pays attention to the reasoning of both privacy activists and law-enforcement agencies, to the particulars of technology as well as of law, to `solutions' offered both by cryptographers and by governments. Koops proposes a method to balance the conflicting interests and applies this to the Dutch situation, explaining both technical and legal issues for anyone interested in the subject.
|Product Line||Kluwer Law International|
- An Information Society needs Information Security
- Cryptography, a Key Technology for Information Security
- Cryptocriminals, a Public Concern
- A Survey of Cryptography Laws and Regulations
- Framework and Set of Principles
- Outlawing Cryptography
- LEAKing through the Public Key Infrastructure
- Demanding Decryption
- Alternative Investigation Measures
- The Zero Option
- Reconciling Interests