The 2018 Edition of Social Security Explained provides a succinct, comprehensive, and detailed explanation of the federal old-age, survivor's and disability insurance programs under the Social Security Act.
Social Security Explained, 2018 Edition covers:
- Who is covered by the Social Security system
- Liability for Social Security tax
- How a worker acquires "insured status" required for benefit eligibility
- The conditions of entitlement by a worker, self-employed person, and spousal and child beneficiaries to the various kinds of Social Security benefits
- The taxation of benefits
- Strategies for increasing benefits and managing attendant tax consequences
In addition to thorough analysis of the applicable laws, regulations and administrative rulings, Social Security Explained, 2018 Edition includes:
- The latest earnings base for the Social Security tax and Medicare portion of the tax, as well as the annual earnings or retirement test amount
- The formula for the calculation of the maximum total amounts a family can receive in 2017 and prior years
- And much more!
Previous Edition: Social Security Explained, 2017 Edition, ISBN: 9781454885467
|Update Frequency||Updated annually|
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|
Spend less time struggling with payroll and more time on the things you love!
When you can handle payroll, you can handle pretty much anything. The benefits and resources an American Payroll Association membership provides help you overcome the daily challenges, keep in compliance, and avoid the stress of payroll so that you have the time and freedom to pursue a better work-life balance.
White Paper: Impact of Tax Cuts and Jobs Act 2017 on Retirement Benefit Plans, Executive Compensation, Employee Benefits, and Payroll
This complimentary white paper specifically analyzes the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (P.L. 115-97) – the most sweeping tax legislation in 30 years – on retirement, benefits, executive compensation, and payroll professionals.