Detailed guidance is important when navigating the hidden rules, obscure interpretations, and frequent delays common to Social Security disability cases.
Turn to Tom Bush’s Social Security Disability Practice when challenges or questions arise. This masterwork covers the waterfront of social security disability practice including:
- Issues commonly arising in hearings
- Preparing claimants and witnesses to testify, including questionnaires and letters
- Specific and detailed hearing questions for claimants, witnesses, and experts
- Index of key rulings
- Developing a legal theory for appeal, with checklist and sample briefs
- Attorney fee issues and solutions
Considered by many to be the most practical work in the field, Social Security Disability Practice is chock-full of practice-proven forms that will save you hours of time and improve your advocacy. Just a few of the tips found in the helpful charts, appendices and forms include:
- “Guide to Important Social Security Rulings and Acquiescence Rulings” to start your research
- Excerpts from manuals given by SSA to medical and vocational experts like: “Medical Expert Handbook,” “Vocational Expert Self-study Guide” and “Vocational Expert Handbook”
- Detailed hearing questions for the claimant on work experience, medical history and treatment, physical and mental symptoms, RFC, and daily activities
The author, a veteran disability representative, clarifies issues such as: developing the theory of the case, establishing and proving pain, dealing with vocational and medical experts and using the fee agreement process. Useful forms, questionnaires, and checklists help you streamline cases. The two volume book now includes access to more than 150 digital forms and the full text of the book via an emailed zip file.
Note: Product is fulfilled by James Publishing.
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|
1. Initial Client Contact
2. Prehearing Procedure
3. The Hearing
4. Following a Favorable Decision
5. Appeals Council
6. Federal Court Review
7. Attorney’s Fees