This concise but enormously useful volume offers practitioners the information and advice they need to overcome this obstacle in the best possible way every time. The Author covers all the relevant avenues of research and practice, from an overview of the concept of provisional measures to an in-depth analysis of the weight and enforceability of such measures. Along the way the treatment covers such crucial topics and issues as the following:
- scholarly analysis of the problems and uncertainties surrounding provisional measures, and their solutions in light of arbitral and judicial practice;
- the complex interaction of historical prejudices, political will, and business needs that impact the usefulness of provisional measures;
- choice of forum to seek provisional measures and the problems associated with such choice;
- complementary mechanisms to arbitration for interim protection of rights;
- standards of principles and procedures for the grant of provisional measures; and
- a comprehensive review of the arbitrators' power to grant provisional measures and court assistance to arbitration.
The presentation examines, compares, and analyses seventy sets of arbitration rules on provisional measures (including the arbitration rules of the ICC, AAA, and LCIA), all of the major state laws on commercial arbitration, and detailed analyses of numerous ICC and AAA awards, most of which have not been published before. This new and fully researched book fulfils and important need for user-friendly and complete practical coverage of provisional measures in international commercial arbitration. It wil be of great value to corporate counsel, international lawyers, and business people, as well as to students of dispute resolution.
|Update Frequency||As Needed|
|Product Line||Kluwer Law International|
- Chapter 1. Introduction. Chapter 2. Evolution of Provisional Measures in International Commercial Arbitration. Chapter 3. Forum to Seek Provisional Measures. Chapter 4. Emergency Arbitral Provisional Measures: Complementary Mechanisms. Chapter 5. Arbitral Provisional Measures. Chapter 6. Weight and enforceability of Arbitral Provisional Measures. Conclusion.