The Practical Guide to Employment Law is a comprehensive desk manual for HR managers, legal counsel, and labor and employment attorneys. It covers federal employment laws in plain-English, giving readers the practical information necessary to apply the laws, as well as providing readers with essential court cases and tips for compliance in every chapter.
The Practical Guide to Employment Law includes a compliance checklist section -- where readers can learn the various laws that apply to such topics as hiring, terminations, and benefits. It also includes a supervisory training section on several laws, including FMLA and ADA.
The Practical Guide to Employment Law also includes a CD-ROM that contains reproducible pages that summarize key provisions of the major employment laws as well as quizzes on each of the laws to be administered to your staff for training purposes.
- Compliance Checklists
- The Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- COBRA, HIPAA, and Employer-Provided Health Benefits
- The Drug-Free Workplace Act and Drug Testing
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act of 1988 (EPPA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA)
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978 (PDA)
- Title VII and the Civil Rights Act of 1991 (CRA '91)
- The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Act of 1989 (WARN)
- Negligent Hiring
- Employee Privacy
- Whistle-Blowing and Retaliation
- Wrongful Discharge
- The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
- Affirmative Action
- Table of Cases