Perioperative Services: Administration, Resource Management, and Patient Care
Perioperative Services: Administration, Resource Management, and Patient Care provides detailed information for improving your Perioperative Services Department, making it more economical, efficient, and compliant. You'll get fast access to valuable tools and quality support materials, such as policies and procedures, legal forms, guidelines, patient documentation, and more to help you formulate the best approaches to the fast-changing health care marketplace.
With Perioperative Services, you'll have:
- Standards and guidelines for providing efficient and cost-effective care
- Hundreds of ready-to-use forms, checklists, and tools that help streamline procedures
- Expert analysis on hot topics, such as Infection Prevention and Control, Disaster Planning, Research Utilization, New Technology Purchasing, and more
Perioperative Services provides expert information designed to show you how to:
- Survive the accreditation process
- Protect your facility from lawsuits and liability
- Prepare for renovation
- Tackle budgeting responsibilities
- Deal with staffing and personnel issues
- Ensure quality patient care and management
- Keep pace with advances in infection prevention and control
- And much more!
Perioperative Services has been updated to include:
- Retrospective, four past and current editors of this publication reflect on the changes, challenges, and opportunities in the field of perioperative services since 2000 and postulate on what the future may hold.
- Staffing, incorporates recent research and changes in staffing practices in Perioperative Services Departments and includes an appendix that discusses the benefits of implementing a Scrub fellowship.
- Evidence-Based Practice, examines popular EBP models, presents a step-by-step view of the EBP process, and delves into staff culture to determine obstacles to EBP implementation and potential solutions.
- Competence in Perioperative Nursing, expands on the subject with an insightful section on the intertwined nature of competence, subspeciality education, and professional development.
- Preventing Retained Surgical Items, focuses on surgical team interaction, obstacles to correct counts, and the danger of short cuts in OR nursing.
- Communication Between OR Personnel and the Radiologist, written from the radiologist’s perspective, discusses the importance of identifying and reducing the incidence of retained surgical items.
Note: Online subscriptions are for three-month periods.
|Update Frequency||Updated annually|
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|
- Part 1: Administration
- Organization-wide Change Initiatives: Lessons Learned
- Informed Consent in the Delivery of Perioperative Services
- Legal Considerations
- Appendix: Planning and Design of the Surgical Suite
- Appendix: Facility Design Innovations to Prevent Infections
- Keeping the OR Environment Safe
- Research Utilization
- Magnet Recognition: Perioperative Focus
- Appendix: Overcoming Magnet Challenges
- Part 2: Resource Management
- Disruptive Behavior: Managing Conflict
- Computerization of Perioperative Data
- Appendix: Glossary of Technical Terms
- Appendix: Writing the Information System RFP
- Budgeting for Financial Success
- Appendix: Cost Benefit Analysis: Its Application in a Health Care Facility
- Appendix: Strategies for an Economic Downturn
- When Disaster Preparation Becomes Disaster Response
- Appendix: Disaster Planning in the Perioperative Environment
- Communication in the Perioperative Care Setting
- Technology Purchases
- Appendix: Terms
- Part 3: Patient Care
- Patient- and Family-Centered Care
- Appendix: A Patient’s Experience
- Appendix: Interview with an Orthopaedic Surgery Patient and Her Husband
- Appendix: A Nurse’s Reflections on Patient- and Family-Centered Care
- Ethical Considerations
- Appendix: Ethical Issues in Pain Management
- Competence in Perioperative Nursing
- Infection Control
- Attaining and Assessing Nursing Competency
- Minimally Invasive Surgery