Modern Irish Competition Law
This title has been shortlisted for the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association Law Book of the Year Award.
These three Irish practitioners (one economist and two lawyers) with extensive public and private enforcement experience, this book provides an accessible yet thorough guide to modern Irish competition law and practice.
Using a wealth of sources (including previously unavailable criminal cartel trial transcripts), and in-depth comparative analysis of CCPC decision-making practice, the authors provide straightforward answers to everyday practitioner questions, including for instance:
- Is there anywhere a list of all material seized in an Irish dawn raid? Turn to page 119.
- How many immunity applications has the CCPC received since 2001? Turn to page 148.
- What evidence is most used by the CCPC in Phase 2 merger cases? Turn to page 296.
- What is the highest damages award in an Irish competition law case? Turn to page 167.
- How many civil enforcement lawsuits has the CCPC initiated? Turn to page 169.
In addition, the book focuses on such details of the Irish competition law regime as:
- the CCPC’s dual role as investigator and prosecutor;
- form versus effects based analysis;
- powers of authorised officers;
- the role of the Director of Public Prosecutions;
- the per se offence;
- individual liability and corporate liability;
- use of dawn raids, search and seizure, arrest and detention;
- white collar enforcement tools;
- the cartel immunity programme;
- cooperation with foreign agencies;
- banking and credit institutions exemptions;
- evidence in merger control cases;
- media mergers;
- remedies; and
- penalties and appeals.
|Product Line||Kluwer Law International|
About the Authors Foreword
CHAPTER 1 Setting the Stage
CHAPTER 2 Criminal Enforcement
CHAPTER 3 Civil Enforcement
CHAPTER 4 Merger Control
ANNEX A A Case Study of Heating Oil
ANNEX B A Case Study of Mayo Waste
Table of Cases
Table of Merger Determinations
CCPC Merger Determinations (Numerical)
CCPC Merger Determinations (Alphabetical)
EU Merger Determinations (Numerical)
EU Merger Determinations (Alphabetical)
Table of Legislation
Constitution of Ireland 1937 (Bunreacht na hÉireann)
Acts of the Oireachtas
Secondary Irish Legislation
European Commission Notices
International Treaties and Conventions