- concepts of guanxi and mienzi;
- understanding China’s rising middle class; ;
- valuation of state-owned assets;
- maximum permitted debt-to-equity ratios;
- key PRC government agencies involved in the approval of transactions;
- taxation framework for enterprise restructuring in China;
- employees as an asset;
- share swaps;
- prohibited trading activities when acquiring a listed company;
- legal framework for dispute resolution;
- administrative proceedings;
- liabilities for breach of contract; and
- responding to intellectual property rights abuse.
|Publish Frequency||As Needed|
|Product Line||Kluwer Law International|
List of Abbreviations.
CHAPTER 1 The Evolution of the Investment Environment and Culture Issues in China and Their Relevance When Doing Business in the Middle Kingdom.
CHAPTER 2 Categories of Investment in China and the Basic Forms of Businesses and Their Operation.
CHAPTER 3 Mergers and Acquisitions and Its Regulatory Framework.
CHAPTER 4 Takeover of Listed Companies.
CHAPTER 5 The New Anti-monopoly Law End the Revised Merger Control Regime.
CHAPTER 6 Dispute Resolution in China: Understanding the Legal Environment and an Overview on the Different ADR Mechanisms.
CHAPTER 7 The Evolution of Contract Law and Its Importance for Enterprises Operating in the Market.
CHAPTER 8 Protection of Intellectual Property Rights in China When Doing Business. Conclusion.
APPENDIX II [CSRC Decree No.56] Decision on Amending Article 63 of the “Administration Measures on Takeover of Listed Companies” (i.e. “Takeovers Code”).
APPENDIX III Circular of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation and the State Administration for Industry and Commerce Concerning Printing and Distributing Provisions for the Alteration of Investors’ Equities in Enterprises with Foreign Investment.
Table of Chinese Legislation.