Legal Opinion Letters Formbook, Third Edition
Legal Opinion Letters Formbook, Third Edition, is an invaluable resource when you need to render a legal opinion letter for various types of financing transactions. Basics and advanced topics about legal opinion writing are included. Numerous forms, with commentary, are featured from contributors with expertise in their respective fields. The book has a unique chapter on intellectual property, and forms and examples are included in the appendices and the CD.
Legal Opinion Letters Formbook, Third Edition, includes:
- Legal opinion letter forms and commentary for bank loans, secured and unsecured, private offerings of debt and equity, real estate deed of trust, securities law, entity status; officers' certificates; allocation of opinions between counsel; and special topics
- Numerous forms, in both its text and appendixes with commentary by contributors with expertise in their respective fields of corporate financing transactions, securities law, and forms for other matters relevant to third-party transactions
- The basics of legal writing and third-party legal opinion writing with a self-test on an example (with answers)
- Customary practice applied to the negotiation and preparation of third-party legal opinion letters
- Details about legal conclusions that opinion preparers are often asked to include in third-party opinions
- Description of the preparers’ duties to assemble the facts upon which the opinion is based
- A chapter, not about third-party opinions, but a useful presentation of intellectual property opinion forms with commentary for patent, trade-dress, and trade-secret opinions to the client.
- AND a CD for ready and convenient access to the book’s forms.
Legal Opinion Letters Formbook, Third Edition is not a treatise but a “how to” book for both lawyers who want to become proficient in third-party legal opinion practice, and for lawyers experienced in this practice who want to renew their knowledge in this area.
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|
PART I: LEGAL OPINIONS: IN GENERAL
- Chapter 1. Third-Party Legal Opinions: Introduction to This Legal Area
PART II: HOW TO WRITE A THIRD PARTY LEGAL OPINION LETTER
- Chapter 2. Basics of Writing
- Chapter 3. Basics of Writing a Third-Party Legal Opinion: For The Newcomer to This Practice Area
- Chapter 4. Example of a Horrible Opinion
PART III: THIRD-PARTY LEGAL OPINION PRACTICE:LAWYER’S RISK AND ETHICAL DUTIES
- Chapter 5. Lawyer Liability to Nonclients for Legal Opinions
- Chapter 6. Ethical Concerns in Legal Opinion Practice
PART IV: THIRD-PARTY LEGAL OPINIONS: FORMS AND COMMENTARY PROVIDED BY LAWYERS DISTINGUISHED IN THIS AREA OF PRACTICE
- Chapter 7. Opinions in Financing Transactions
- Chapter 8. Securities Law Opinions
- Chapter 9. Opinions in Other Transactions
- Chapter 10. Miscellaneous Matters Relevant to Third-Party Opinions
- Chapter 11. “Reasoned” Opinions
- Chapter 12. Intellectual Property
- Chapter 13. Conclusion