The role of IT management is changing even more quickly than information technology itself. IT Governance Policies & Procedures, 2021 Edition, is an updated guide and decision-making reference that can help you to devise an information systems policy and procedure program uniquely tailored to the needs of your organization. This valuable resource not only provides extensive sample policies, but also gives the information you need to develop useful and effective policies for your unique environment. For fingertip access to the information you need on IT governance, policy and planning, documentation, systems analysis and design, and much more, the materials in this ready-reference desk manual can be used by you or your staff as models or templates to create similar documents for your own organization.
The 2021 Edition brings you the following changes:
- The chapter on Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) has been thoroughly revised to incorporate the recent launch of ITIL version 4.
- The sections on causes of employee burnout, as well as the potential pitfalls of poor recruiting practices, have been expanded.
- New material has been added to address the increased use of video conferencing for virtual workers, as well as the need to safeguard personal smartphones that store company information.
- Tips for developing a mobile device policy have been added.
- Additional pitfalls associated with end-user computing have been added.
- A new subsection regarding data storage guidelines for documents subject to data retention laws has been added.
- Additional tips regarding data management have been added.
- Appendix A has been updated to include data breach notification laws for Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, and also to reflect changes to Vermont’s data breach notification laws.
- Data from recent surveys and reports has been added and updated in the Comment sections throughout.
- In addition, exhibits, sample policies, and worksheets are included in each chapter, which can also be accessed at WoltersKluwerLR.com/ITgovAppendices. You can copy these exhibits, sample policies, and worksheets and use them as a starting point for developing your own resources by making the necessary changes.
Previous Edition: IT Governance: Policies & Procedures, 2020 Edition ISBN 9781543810998
|Resources||Table of Contents|
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|