International Corporate Law Compendium
Even though globalization is lowering the economic boundaries between the world’s most important markets, the corporate laws of each country remain entirely unique. International Corporate Law Compendium contains a comprehensive review of corporate law in countries around the world, providing practical guidance to enable investors and their professional advisers to understand the nature of the business entity they are dealing with and provides an opportunity to make comparative assessments of the advantages and disadvantages of incorporating in each country.
International Corporate Law Compendium covers each country in its own expertly authored chapter, and each chapter follows the same format—so you know exactly where to look to find the information you need. Plus, this consistent formatting makes comparison between countries fast and easy in these areas covered for every country:
- Types of Business Entities
- Formation of Companies
- Relationship Between the Members and the Company
- Share Capital
- The Protection of Minority Shareholders
- Rights and Duties of Directors
- Corporation Tax
- Insolvency, Bankruptcy, and Business Reorganization
This powerful reference makes it easy for you to find the must-have answers to crucial questions, including:
- What types of legal entities are available in each country?
- What are their characteristics and advantages and disadvantages?
- How is a company formed?
- How much capital is required and in what form?
- Is local representation necessary either as shareholder or director?
- What, if any, is the personal liability of a director?
- What restrictions are there on allocation and transmission of shares?
- How is the company controlled? What proportion of shareholding is necessary to achieve certain identifiable results?
- What are the time limits for filing of information and what penalties can be imposed for non-compliance?
With all of this information right at hand, you can rapidly resolve issues relating to initial involvement, framework structures, time schedules, and more.
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|
Chapters are written by local experts:
- Argentina—Vítolo Abogados Brazil—Boccuzzi Advogados Associados, São Paulo
- Canada—McLean & Kerr LLP
- Chile—Núñez, Muñoz y Cía. Ltda. Abogados
- China—HJM Asia Law & Co.
- France—Triplet & Associés
- Germany—Jennifer Bierly and Dr. Hans-Josef Vogel
- Hong Kong—Oldham, Lie & Nie, Hong Kong
- Hungary—Dr. Zoltán Balázs Kovács LL.M. and György Wellmann Szecskay Attorneys at Law
- India—Advani & Co., India
- Italy—Cajola & Associati, Milan
- Malaysia—RamRais & Partners, Kuala Lumpur
- Mexico—Fernando Enrique Rivadeneyra Nuñez
- The Netherlands—Joris van der Goes and Yvonne Bos Valegis Advocaten, Rijswijk
- Spain—Gómez-Acebo & Pombo, Aboga dos, S.L.P., Madrid
- Sweden—Advokatfirman Fylgia KB, Stockholm
- Switzerland—Dr. Otto C. Meier-Boeschenstein, Zurich
- United Kingdom (England and Wales)—DMH Stallard LLP