This very useful book has been prepared under the auspices of the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA) following a working session held in Edinburgh in August 2003. It provides practitioners with the first overview of the legal requirements attached to venture capital transactions in a variety of jurisdictions, encompassing both developed and developing nations. An introductory chapter presents a global view, addressing venture capital issues that tend to arise under any legal circumstances. Then, for each of twelve countries, an experienced practitioner in the venture capital field offers detailed discussions of his or her country's legal system as it pertains to the protection of investors¿ rights and company's investments, regulatory issues, and enforcement. Specific topics discussed where applicable for each country include:
- due diligence;
- valuation standards;
- representations and warranties;
- intellectual property;
- compensation of key personnel;
- exit strategy;
- corporate governance roles;
- tax issues;
- securities law requirements;
- restrictions on foreign direct investment; and
- availability of court orders.
Global Venture Capital Transactions goes a long way to fulfilling the need of practitioners and entrepreneurs to structure cross-border venture capital transactions that are not only initially successful but enjoy continued profitability with the strength to overcome inevitable obstacles. It will be warmly welcomed by the venture capital and private equity community throughout the world.
|Update Frequency||As Needed|
|Product Line||Kluwer Law International|
- Introduction to AIJA. Officers of AIJA. A Word from AIJA's President. Preface. List of Contributors. Biographies. Part One: General Report. 1. General Overview. 2. Protecting Investors, Rights and Company's Investments. 3. Regulatory Issues. 4 . Enforcement. Part Two: Country Reports. Austria; C. Temmel. Belgium; S. De Schrijver. Canada; J. Wilkin. Finland; M. Alanko, J. Unnérus. Germany; M. Goedsche. Hong Kong; C. Gordon. Hungary; O. Görgényi. India; A. Hirani. Italy; L. Tiberi. Netherlands; H. Reumkens. Taiwan; J.C.H. Lin. United States of America; J.H. Spillman. Index. AIJA Law Library.