Formation of Government Contracts, Fourth Edition
Formation of Government Contracts cuts through confusing jargon and government "legalese" to deliver a practical guide to the proper formation of government contracts.
Created by The George Washington University Law School Government Contracts Program and Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S., this guide to government contracts simplifies the complex process of solicitation, bidding and award of government contracts. This is the how-to resource for creating government contracts.
With Formation of Government Contracts, you can navigate the maze of requirements, statutes, regulations and case law with confidence. This unique resource covers government contracting basics—and beyond.
Formation of Government Contracts has reached that rare status of a classic—devoted exclusively to forming government contracts. To say it is full of case, statute, and regulatory cites covering government contracts law and federal procurement law would be an understatement.
You'll know how to form a government contract, with proven insights into the best way to:
- Plan the acquisition process
- Assess contractor qualifications and select qualified contractors
- Prepare and submit government contract proposals
- Make initial decisions on proposals
- Choose the correct type of contract
- Analyze price and cost
- Engage in government contract negotiations
- Negotiate the level of profit
- Resolve government contract award controversies
Successful proposals start with effective formation
Recent legislation and requirements have made significant changes in the federal procurement process, while current government contract case law continues to redefine the very practice of government contracting. This revised third edition brings you up to date on all recent developments in government contracts regulations, including:
- The FAR Part 15 rewrite, as well as the FASA, Clinger-Cohen and ADRA requirements
- New information on simplified acquisitions, limiting the competitive range, past performance, commercial items, protests, cost and pricing and other new requirements
- The past 10 years of Comptroller General, court and board decisions
Written by pre-eminent experts in government contracting, the authors' unbiased analysis of important government contract case law and decisions provides an overview of the current legal environment and helps you put everything in perspective.
Frequently Asked Questions addressed in Formation of Government Contracts:
- How do I prepare a government contract?
- What are the basic principles of federal procurement?
- How do we participate in sealed bidding?
- What are the different types of government contracts?
- What are the keys to government contract formation?
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|
- Basic Principles of Federal Procurement
- Contract Formation Principles
- Acquisition Planning
- Contract Qualification
- Sealed Bidding
- Basic Negotiation Procedures
- Special Negotiation Procedures
- Interagency Acquisitions
- Types of Contracts
- Contract Pricing
- Collateral Policies
- Contract Award Controversies