Federal Criminal Practice - James Publishing
U.S. Attorneys’ offices have become more aggressive. Prosecutors are more frequently refusing to produce witness statements before a detention hearing or loading the proffer letter with exceptions. Combat many of these changes by employing tips, arguments, and forms in Federal Criminal Practice.
Pretrial release strategies, alternatives to prosecution, discovery angles, plea bargaining and agreement suggestions, sentence negotiation tactics, recent case-based examples, dozens of pretrial motions with memoranda, and hundreds of practice tips. Federal Criminal Practice is loaded with valuable advice on topics like:
- Pretrial Release or Detention
- Alternatives to Prosecution
- Indictment and Information
- And more!
Federal Criminal Practice includes tips for success learned in the trenches, arguments supported with over 1,500 recent cases, traps to avoid, and 51 custom-drafted forms proven in practice.
It also includes dozens of motions, including:
- Modification of conditions of release to permit travel. Form 4A
- 3 motions to dismiss count. Form 9A, B, D
- Compel election between multiplicitous counts. Form 9C
- Relief from misjoinder. Form 9E
- Sever defendants. Form 9F
- Dismiss for violation of the Speedy Trial Act. Form 9G
- Early disclosure of Jencks and Brady/Giglio material. Form 10E
- Specific performance of plea agreement, with defendant’s reply. Forms 13E&F
- Attorney participation in voir dire. Form 14A
- Introduction of evidence during the government’s case-in-chief. Form 14C
The strategies, arguments, cases, and forms inside Federal Criminal Practice are truly welcomed additions to your library.
Note: Product is fulfilled by James Publishing.
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|
CHAPTER 1 GENERAL PRINCIPLES
CHAPTER 2 BRINGING DEFENDANT BEFORE THE COURT
CHAPTER 3 INITIAL APPEARANCE AND CHOICE OF COUNSEL
CHAPTER 4 PRETRIAL RELEASE OR DETENTION
CHAPTER 5 REMOVAL PROCEEDINGS
CHAPTER 6 PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
CHAPTER 7 ALTERNATIVES TO PROSECUTION
CHAPTER 8 GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS
CHAPTER 9 INDICTMENT AND INFORMATION
CHAPTER 10 PRETRIAL DISCOVERY
CHAPTER 11 PRETRIAL MOTIONS AND NOTICE OF DEFENSES
CHAPTER 12 PLEAS
CHAPTER 13 GUILTY PLEA AGREEMENTS AND PLEA BARGAINING
CHAPTER 14 TRIAL
CHAPTER 15 SENTENCING
CHAPTER 16 TERMINATION, MODIFICATION AND REVOCATION OF PROBATION AND SUPERVISED RELEASE