- the concept of fair distribution of taxing powers in VAT;
- role of the neutrality principle;
- legal certainty in VAT;
- place of business for a legal entity or partnership, for a natural person, for a VAT group;
- beginning and ending of a fixed establishment;
- the ‘purchase’ fixed establishment;
- meaning of ‘permanent address’ and ‘usual residence’;
- the position of the VAT entrepreneur with more than one fixed establishment across jurisdictions;
- whether supplies exchanged between establishments are taxable;
- administrative simplicity and efficiency;
- VAT audits and the prevention of fraud;
- the intervention rule and the reverse charge mechanism;
- right to deduct VAT for businesses with multiple establishments; and
- cross-border VAT grouping and fixed establishment.
Thoroughly explained are exceptions that take precedence over the general rules, such as provisions regarding: immovable property; transport services; services relating to cultural, artistic, sporting, scientific, educational, entertainment, or similar activities; restaurant and catering services; electronically supplied services; transfers and assignments of intellectual property rights; advertising services; certain consulting services; banking, financial and insurance transactions; natural gas and electricity distribution; telecommunication services; and broadcasting services. As the first truly authoritative resource on a topic of increasing importance in international tax – a key topic for businesses, tax authorities, tax advisors, and government regulators – this book will be warmly welcomed by all professionals working with taxation in legal practice, business, academe, and government.
|Update Frequency||As Needed|
|Product Line||Kluwer Law International|
About the Author.
List of Abbreviations.
Chapter 1 Introduction.
Chapter 2 Basic Principles of Distributing Taxing Powers.
Chapter 3 The Establishment of the Supplier.
Chapter 4 The Establishment of the Customer..
Chapter 5 Mutual Relationship between Establishments of a Single Taxable Person
Chapter 6 Summary and Conclusion.
APPENDIX Abstract of Relevant Articles from the VAT Directive and VAT Implementing Regulation.
Table of Cases.