Employment Discrimination: Law and Practice, Fifth Edition, provides lucid discussion of difficult and complex legal problems. This timely resource explains laws, rulings, and requirements, and delivers thorough legal analysis plus tried and tested practice materials. It covers the scope of relevant legislation and analyzes Supreme Court cases in depth.
This all-inclusive, practical two-volume set will provide you with a practitioner’s roadmap through employment discrimination prohibitions, procedures, and remedies, including an introduction to and discussion of:
- protected classes and protected conduct;
- the principal federal employment discrimination statutes;
- the theories or kinds of discrimination;
- administrative procedures;
- proving and defending claims in litigation; and
- remedies and settlement issues.
Employment Discrimination: Law and Practice, Fifth Edition, brings you up to date on the latest developments, and provides:
- Detailed discussion of employment actions against employees because of their membership in protected classes or their protected conduct, including how the theories of discrimination and the principal federal employment discrimination statutes apply to those classes.
- Consideration of some special problems in employment discrimination law, including:
- third-party harassment, “me too” evidence, and statistical evidence;
- alternative dispute resolution; and
- other kinds of employment discrimination and retaliation claims, such as First Amendment retaliation.
Previous Edition: Employment Discrimination: Law and Practice, Fourth Editions, SKU: 10044924-7777
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|
PART I PROHIBITIONS, PROCEDURES, AND REMEDIES
1. Introduction to Discrimination
2. Administrative Procedures, Investigations, and Relief
3. Proving Claims in Litigation
4. Defending Claims in Litigation
5. Remedies and Settlements
PART II DISCRIMINATION AGAINST PROTECTED CLASSES AND PROTECTED CONDUCT
6. Discrimination Because of Race, Color, National Origin, Ethnicity, and Alienage
7. Discrimination Because of Religion and Defenses Based on Religion
8. Discrimination Because of Sex
9. Discrimination Because of Age
10. Discrimination Because of Disability
11. Discrimination Because of Protected Conduct (Retaliation)
PART III OTHER ISSUES IN EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION LAW
12. Some Special Problems in Employment Discrimination Law
13. Alternative Dispute Resolution
14. A Brief Look at Other Employment Discrimination and Retaliation Claims