Derived from Kluwer’s multi-volume Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers, the largest and most detailed database of M&A know-how available anywhere in the world, this work by a highly experienced team from the leading international law firm Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Inc. provides a concise, practical analysis of current law and practice relating to mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies in South Africa. The book offers a clear explanation of each step in the acquisition process from the perspectives of both the purchaser and the seller. Key areas covered include: structuring the transaction; due diligence; contractual protection; consideration; and the impact of applicable company, competition, tax, intellectual property, environmental and data protection law on the acquisition process.
Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers is an invaluable guide for both legal practitioners and business executives seeking a comprehensive yet practical analysis of mergers and acquisitions in South Africa.
Equivalent analyses of M&A law and practice in some 50 other jurisdictions, all contributed by leading law firms, are accessible on-line at www.kluwerlawonline.com under Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers.
|Product Line||Kluwer Law International|
Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Inc.
1. Government, Structures and Constitutional Framework
2. Legal System/Courts
3. Economy and Infrastructure
4. Black Economic Empowerment
5. Business Forms/Enterprises
6. The Companies Act 71 of 2008 and Related Corporate Laws
7. Use of Incorporated JV or UJV
8. Exchange Control
10. Competition Law and Merger Control
11. Labour Law and Employment Equity Considerations
12. Use of Foreign Jurisdiction Clauses in Commercial Contracts/JV Agreements
13. Property Law/Real Estate Considerations
14. Wind-Up/Dissolution of Companies
15. Future Developments