Derived from Kluwer’s multi-volume Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers, the largest and most detailed database of M&A know-how available anywhere in the world, this work by highly experienced partners in the leading international law firm Abdulai, Taiwo & Co. provides a concise, practical analysis of current law and practice relating to mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies in Nigeria. The book offers a clear explanation of each step in the acquisition process from the perspectives of both the purchaser and the seller. Key areas covered include: structuring the transaction; due diligence; contractual protection; consideration; and the impact of applicable company, competition, tax, intellectual property, environmental and data protection law on the acquisition process.
Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers is an invaluable guide for both legal practitioners and business executives seeking a comprehensive yet practical analysis of mergers and acquisitions in Nigeria.
Equivalent analyses of M&A law and practice in some 50 other jurisdictions, all contributed by leading law firms, are accessible on-line at www.kluwerlawonline.com under Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers.
|Product Line||Kluwer Law International|
1. Local Economic, Political and Cultural Aspects
2. Regulatory Framework
3. Companies and Allied Matters Act, 2020
4. Free Trade Zones Iin Nigeria
5. General Taxation Regime
6. The Regulatory Framework for Mergers and Acquisitions
7. Statutory Involvement of Court Sanctions in Mergers and Acquisitions
8. Categories and Thresholds of Mergers under the Fccpa
9. Regulation of Takeover Bids
10. Additional Regulatory Requirements for Mergers and Acquisitions in Some Specialized Industries
11. Stock Exchange Controls
12. An Outline of Procedural Formalities in Mergers and Acquisitions
13. Common Types of Mergers and Business Combinations
14. Acquisitions through Privatization of Government Equity Divestments
15. Antitrust/Competition Issues
16. Anti-Monopoly Enforcement: Revocation of Merger Approval
17. Taxation Aspects of Mergers and Acquisitions
18. Employment Consideration
19. Accounting Treatment