Derived from Kluwer’s multi-volume Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers, the largest and most detailed database of M&A know-how available anywhere in the world, this work by a highly experienced partner in the leading international law firm Singhania & Co, LLP provides a concise, practical analysis of current law and practice relating to mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies in India. The book offers a clear explanation of each step in the acquisition process from the perspectives of both the purchaser and the seller. Key areas covered include: structuring the transaction; due diligence; contractual protection; consideration; and the impact of applicable company, competition, tax, intellectual property, environmental and data protection law on the acquisition process.
Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers is an invaluable guide for both legal practitioners and business executives seeking a comprehensive yet practical analysis of mergers and acquisitions in India.
Equivalent analyses of M&A law and practice in some 50 other jurisdictions, all contributed by leading law firms, are accessible on-line at www.kluwerlawonline.com under Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers.
|Product Line||Kluwer Law International|
Singhania & Co, LLP
List of Abbreviations
1. India Calling: A Land of Opportunity for Business
2. Mergers & Acquisitions
3. The Regulatory Framework for Mergers and Amalgamations
4. Choices of Acquisition Vehicle
5. Tax Laws
6. Types of Companies and Incorporation under the Companies Act, 2013
7. Foreign Investment in India/Allotment of Shares/ Reporting
8. Statutes Involved in M&A Transactions
9. Income Tax Implications in Case of Merger
11. Reverse Merger: Income Tax Implications
12. The Competition Law of India
13. Rights of Minority Shareholders During Mergers/Amalgamations/Takeovers
15. Listing Agreement with the Stock Exchanges
16. SEBI (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeover) Regulations, 2011
17. Labor Laws
18. Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016