Filing procedures are seldom found in either traditional practice guides or on the Web. Colleagues with experience in the area may be unavailable. Courts clerks are hard to reach.
When you need ready and reliable answers to procedure questions, turn to Marlene Hazlewood’s California Legal Secretary. Written specifically for those who have to quickly prepare and file legal documents, California Legal Secretary contains:
- Concise statements of procedure
- Completed forms
- Detailed completion and filing instructions
Hundreds of attorneys and paralegals own and rely on California Legal Secretary. They use the book to quickly find the specific nuts and bolts how-to information that is seldom found in traditional practice guides. Here, in one affordable book, are detailed procedures and model forms to speed and simplify your court filings and transactions.
Dozens of procedure checklists are provided, each cross-referenced to the applicable forms. You receive specific, step-by-step instructions
Hundreds of Step-by-Step Guidelines (written in plain English, with no confusing statutory language or legalese, the instructions are given in quick-reading outline format with no extra law to wade through—only the rules and procedures you need)
California Legal Secretary will help you to:
- File suit against a public entity
- Commence an unlawful detainer action
- Execute disclosure and discovery documents
- Commence workers’ compensation proceedings
- And much, much more!
REVISION 26 HIGHLIGHTS include:
10 updated and new sample forms in the following areas:
- Civil Trial and Pre-Trial – Chapter 2
- Family Law – Chapter 4
- Corporations – Chapter 6
Statute and Rule Amendments regarding:
- Electronic filing and service procedures.
- Signatures on electronically filed documents.
- Acceptance of electronic service.
- Separate statements for discovery motions after 2019.
- Computation of time to respond to three day notice and summons and complaint in unlawful detainer actions.
Note: Product is fulfilled by James Publishing.
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|