Blue Chip Economic Indicators: Archive from 1976+ (PDF)
Since 1976, Blue Chip Economic Indicators has surveyed America's top business economists, collecting their forecasts of U.S. economic growth, inflation, interest rates and a host of other critical indicators of future business activity. Our 30-year track record of providing corporate and government decision-makers with our survey results has made Blue Chip Economic Indicators with the latest in expert opinion on the future performance of the American economy.
This comprehensive PDF archive contains every issue of Blue Chip Economic Indicators since 1976. Each issue of this 20-page newsletter contains forecasts from 50-plus economists employed by some of America's largest and most respected manufacturers, banks, insurance companies, and brokerage firms.
You'll find forecasts for this year and next from each panel member, plus an average, or consensus, of their forecasts for the following variables:
- Real GDP
- GDP price index
- Nominal GDP
- Consumer price index
- Industrial production
- Real disposable personal income
- Real personal consumption expenditures
- Real non-residential fixed investment
- Pre-tax corporate profits
- 3-month Treasury bill rate
- 10-year Treasury note yield
- Unemployment rate
- Total housing starts
- Total vehicle sales
- Real Net exports
Blue Chip Economic Indicators also contains forecasts for America's 15 largest trading partners. Forecasts for this year and next are provided for real GDP, consumer price inflation and the current account. There are end-of-year forecasts for 3-month interest rates and foreign exchange rates.
In addition to each month's survey results, you get:
- Commentary: Analysis by newsletter's staff of latest survey results and U.S. economic developments.
- Graphs: Plot the latest historical data and consensus forecasts along with commentary and analysis on the changing outlook.
- Long-Range Forecasts: In March and October, consensus, and averages of top 10 and bottom 10 forecasts of all regular variables for each of the next seven years, plus an average for the following 5-year period.
- Viewpoints: A sampling of views on the economy excerpted from recent reports issued by Blue Chip panel members
- Special Questions: The results of special polls of the panel on questions of topical interest, i.e. monetary policy, fiscal policy, major influences on the outlook for growth, inflation, etc.
- Databank: Two years of historical data on 28 critical indicators of business activity.
- Calendar: A calendar of upcoming government and private sector data releases, Federal Reserve meetings, etc.
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|