APA Guide to Accounts Payable, 2018 Edition
The APA Guide to Accounts Payable is literally your one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about how to run a successful AP department. It guides you through all the essential issues you need to take into consideration in order to make proper payment decisions. And it provides straight-forward, practical answers and "how-to" tips covering the full range of responsibilities carried by AP departments today.
APA Guide to Accounts Payable concentrates exclusively on what it takes to make an accounts payable department operate at maximum efficiency, and what AP professionals can do to fulfill their responsibilities according to the highest standards of the industry.
The APA Guide to Accounts Payable will help you:
- Fully understand how to identify payments that should not be authorized
- Recognize misclassified workers who should be paid through payroll as employees rather than as independent contractors paid by AP
- Identify payees that are blocked from receiving payments by Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and work with the new International ACH Transaction rules
- Avoid any duplicate or erroneous payments
- Understand best practices for evaluating or implementing outsourcing or shared services
- Navigate the rapidly changing landscape of AP technology and procure-to-pay processes
- Detect and prevent fraud in your AP process
- And much more!
The APA Guide to Accounts Payable enables you to do all of that - and more!
You'll receive clear and concise guidance and practical solutions for handling key accounts payable issues, including:
- Travel & Entertainment
- Fraud and Security
- State and Federal Tax Issues
- Abandoned and Unclaimed Property
- Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Requirements for Financial Accountability
- Audits of Payments to Foreign Entities
- New Technology in the AP Workflow
- And more!
|Product Line||Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.|
2: What’s New in Accounts Payable for 2018
3: Vendor Tax Setup: Payee Documentation and Payment for Classification for Withholding and Reporting
4: Tax Withholding and Information Reporting
5: Withholding on Payments to Foreign Persons
6: Government Regulation of Whom You Pay
7: Vendor File Management
8: Payables Receipt, Processing, and Disbursement
9: Fringe Benefit Payments and Expense Documentation
10: Sales and Use Tax
11: Abandoned and Unclaimed Property
12: Accounting and General Ledger Maintenance
13: Management Oversight and Internal Controls
14: Prevention of Fraud and Human Error
15: Outsourcing and Shared Services
16: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Reorganizations
17: Recovery of Erroneous Payments and Overpayments
18: Recordkeeping and Document Management: Enterprise Content Management
Spend less time struggling with payroll and more time on the things you love!
When you can handle payroll, you can handle pretty much anything. The benefits and resources an American Payroll Association membership provides help you overcome the daily challenges, keep in compliance, and avoid the stress of payroll so that you have the time and freedom to pursue a better work-life balance. Save $35 now when you sign up for membership and use code APAMEMB at check out!
White Paper: Impact of Tax Cuts and Jobs Act 2017 on Retirement Benefit Plans, Executive Compensation, Employee Benefits, and Payroll
This complimentary white paper specifically analyzes the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (P.L. 115-97) – the most sweeping tax legislation in 30 years – on retirement, benefits, executive compensation, and payroll professionals.