A quick and simple solution to help your students gain real-world experience and learn to code at the same time is at your fingertips with the internet-based Coding Center Student Edition.
- Assist students in mastering coding topics, including all coding changes (CPT/HCPCS and ICD-9CM) as well as preparing students for the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10.
- With simple search functionality, this student edition makes it easy to search across multiple code sets by code, description or key terms. Allows verification of coding, diagnosis/procedure codes and coverage in one location.
- E-Code Sets allow for searching by code, description or common terms, including integration with the explorer tool to provide complete code set content for HCPCS, CPT®, ICD-9-CM, and ICD-10.
Coding Guidance Resources
- A medical dictionary, CMS glossary, MLN Matters, Job Aids, fee schedule information, acronym tool and frequently asked questions further expand the list of reference material available while learning about certain codes.
- Customizable daily and weekly alerts, stored search alerts and personal bookmark folders pro-vide the instant access to the information needed.
Medical Necessity Resources
- Quick and easy access to LCDs and NCDs provide effective applicability medical necessity as it relates to coding. Additionally, the student will have access to Advanced Beneficiary Notification (ABN) forms and instructions, national coverage guidance, and national coverage analyses (NCA).
National Correct Coding Initiatives
- Understanding National Correct Coding Initiatives (NCCI) can be difficult for a seasoned coder, let alone a student. Our NCCI Code Pair Checker tool makes NCCI easy to learn and understand.
Inpatient Prospective Payment System
- ICD-9 Grouper simulates inpatient claims, groups to the MS-DRG from ICD-9-CM code to help you understand and compare payment for different MS-DRGs or for the same MS-DRG over time.
- Case studies have shown that students learn best when they understand the applicability of the material presented. Not only will your students learn from actual examples as they go through the e-textbook lessons, but now they will be able to access primary sourced material that will validate the learning process!