Employee Leave LibraryLog In
Understand and properly comply with the legal requirements related to employee leave through a one-of-a-kind, collection of practice tools, expert guidance, and current awareness.
Employee leave compliance is one of the most important and most challenging areas of employment and human resources law. There are many different types of employee leave each with its unique requirements and considerations, and varying federal, state, and local laws apply. What’s more, penalties for not properly handling employee leave matters can be severe.
To provide timely, accurate counsel and avoid traps for the unwary in this complex practice area, the Employee Leave Library provides you with the practical guidance and helpful tools to:
- Navigate a patchwork of federal laws apply, including the FMLA, ADA, and Families First and CARES Acts.
- Comply with varying federal, state, and municipality laws.
- Adhere to guidance issued by multiple governing agencies, including EEOC, DOL, and state labor departments.
- Stay current on nearly daily updates and new developments.
The Employee Leave Library addresses the complex issues that arise as leave is being administered day by day, including:
- Which situations are covered.
- How much leave is an eligible employee entitled to.
- What notice and documentation are required.
- How the FMLA and ADA requirements interact.
- Whether an employee can be terminated while on leave.
- What the roles and responsibilities of front-line managers and supervisors are.
- And much, much more.
Available on the Cheetah Labor & Employment Law and Human Resources dashboards, this multi-faceted resource includes:
- State and Federal Employee Leave Compare - Smart Chart
- Family and Medical Leave Guide - Treatise
- Employee Leave Tracker - News Feed
- FMLA-ADA Leave Advisor – Decision Tree Practice Tool
- Terminating an Employee During FMLA Leave - SmartTask
- Family and Medical Leave Training for Managers and Supervisors - Training Kit
State and Federal Employee Leave Compare
This time-saving Smart Chart provides instant access to the federal and state rules and requirements pertaining to six types of employee leave:
1. Family, Medical and Parental Leave
2. Military Leave,
3. Family Military Leave
4. Jury Duty, Court Attendance and Crime Victim Leave
5. Disaster and Emergency Services Leave
6. Organ, Bone Marrow and Blood Donation Leave
It offers concise insights into the applicable laws and regulations, and requirements related to posting, eligibility, recordkeeping, agency enforcement, reinstatement following leave, notification and certification, wages and benefits during leave, and more.
Family and Medical Leave Guide
This valuable treatise explains how the FMLA works and how to comply with its complicated rules and requirements. It provides easy-to-understand, concise explanations of the FMLA, including which situations it covers, how it relates to other workplace laws, and what you need to know and do to comply. Practical discussions, peppered throughout with example scenarios from real-life cases, cover all the essential topics.
Employee Leave Tracker
Delivered via email and accessible online, this daily news feed provides users with timely, concise updates on new legislative, regulatory and judicial developments related to the rapidly evolving area of employee leave. The online archive contains developments going back to March 2019.
FMLA-ADA Leave Advisor
Covering 16 key employee leave topics, this time-saving decision-tree tool walks users through the maze of federal leave law through the use of interactive questions. At the conclusion of an interactive question set, the tool generates a detailed analysis report. It can be used by attorneys who advise employers of their obligations under federal leave law or by HR personnel tasked with administering requests for leave under the FMLA or requests for accommodation under the ADA.
Terminating an Employee During FMLA Leave SmartTask
Written by Maria Greco Danaher, a highly regarded employment law attorney with Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, this step-by-step practice tool assists both in-house and outside counsel in preparing to make determinations to end the employment of an individual who is on leave, or preparing to go on leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) at the time of the proposed separation. This tool will help users navigate this complex area that is fraught with potential landmines.
Family and Medical Leave Training for Managers and Supervisors
This turnkey training kit, consisting of slides and a facilitator’s script, explains in plain-English what the FMLA covers, who is eligible for leave, how much leave is allowed, and the consequences of mismanaging FMLA leave, as well as the importance of careful recordkeeping. The training kit comes complete with multiple examples and discussion points, quick quizzes, and opportunities to actively engage participants. Further, every document in this training course is fully customizable to suit an organization’s or client’s particular training needs.