Securities Regulation Daily
Breaking news on securities regulations.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Securities Regulation.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
Breaking news and expert analysis
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
CAT reporting begins as SEC turns away last-minute request for delay
The first phase of reporting under the consolidated audit trail (CAT) began today following a last-minute attempt by the national securities exchanges and FINRA (collectively, SROs) to push back the...
Statoil to pay $4M for trying to manipulate propane benchmark
Statoil ASA will pay $4 million to settle CFTC charges of attempting to manipulate the Argus Far East Index. According to the charges, the Norwegian energy company tried to prop up the Argus FEI by...
Giancarlo focuses on strengthening swaps execution, central counterparty supervision in Singapore remarks
Noting the critical role derivative and risk markets play in fostering robust and durable economic growth, CFTC Chairman J. Christopher Giancarlo underscored the importance of optimizing swaps...
Experts review regulatory, legislative priorities in new Administration
Completion of the outstanding Dodd-Frank Act mandates on compensation disclosure are not likely to be a top priority of the SEC under Chair Jay Clayton, according to Shearman and Sterling partner...
Clayton calls for reexamination of shareholder proposal and proxy process
SEC Chairman Jay Clayton, speaking at the Practising Law Institute’s annual conference on securities regulation, reviewed the SEC’s short-term and long-term agendas, the shareholder...