Securities Regulation Daily
Breaking news on securities regulations.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Securities Regulation.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
Breaking news and expert analysis
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Settlement agreements abrogated because disclosures sought by plaintiffs were not material
Disclosures sought in three complaints were not ‘plainly material’ and should have been dismissed out of hand. Therefore, court abrogated the settlement agreement and ordered attorney...
Commissioner Peirce chides ‘shrill, self-righteous’ overuse of ESG ratings
ESG scorecards containing errors and using widely varying methodologies can have far-reaching negative consequences for companies.
SEC issues long-awaited final rules on capital, margin, and segregation requirements for security swap-based participants
As called for by Dodd-Frank Act, the Securities and Exchange Commission is adopting capital and margin requirements for security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants.
Delaware high court revives Caremark claim against Blue Bell board
Proving a Caremark claim is notoriously difficult, but a Blue Bell shareholder adequately pleaded the absence of any board-level system for monitoring food safety.
SEC seeks comment on Securities Act registration exemptions
A new concept release reviews exemptions from registration and seeks comment on possible ways to how to improve several aspects of the existing exempt offering framework.