Securities Regulation Daily
Breaking news on securities regulations.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Securities Regulation.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
Breaking news and expert analysis
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
SEC sued over changes to whistleblower program
A notable whistleblower attorney has challenged the Commission’s changes to its rules governing awards.
Securities complaint about drug pricing partially upheld
Although the lower court erred in finding no loss causation and no falsity of statements in some instances, the plaintiffs still have work to do regarding the pleading of scienter.
Dirks personal benefit question in Title 18 context remains for another day
Questions on the Dirks personal benefit test in criminal cases and on district court jurisdiction to hear constitutional challenges to SEC ALJs will have to wait for better vehicles.
Court doesn’t vary, again dismisses claims JP Morgan fraudulently reset muni rates
The plaintiff failed for the fourth time to plead that JP Morgan and other defendants violated the California False Claims Act in connection with resetting interest rates for certain variable rate...
Claims based on post-IPO e-cig ordinances are just a puff of smoke
A registration statement's omission of impending ordinances choking the sale of e-cigs was not material when there were extensive warnings of regulatory risks.