IP Law Daily
A complete daily report of the intellectual property news that affects your practice, your clients and your world.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Intellectual Property Law.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Trademark infringement judgment affirmed, injunction narrowed, in Swiss Army knife case
On appeal after the federal district court in New York City found The B&F System, Inc., and its president, John D. Meyer (B&F) liable for treble damages for infringing plaintiffs Victorinox 21...
Knockoff fragrance seller infringed and diluted Coty’s Calvin Klein, Vera Wang, Lady Gaga fragrance brands
Excell Brands’ knockoff fragrances "poach upon the commercial magnetism" of Coty’s fragrances and Coty has established its claims of trademark infringement, trademark dilution, a...
Comedic play—a bawdy parody of Dr. Seuss’ ‘Grinch’—was non-infringing fair use
The play Who’s Holiday! (the "Play"), a comedic play that made use of the characters, plot and setting of the Dr. Seuss book, How the Grinch Stole Christmas! ("Grin...
Uber cannot force Waymo to arbitrate trade secret and patent case
In a high-stakes lawsuit over driverless vehicle technology, Alphabet subsidiary Waymo was not required to arbitrate its patent and trade secret claims against Uber Technologies based on Waymo’s...
Jury’s $54 million award to Black & Decker tainted by flawed survey; new trial ordered
A jury’s verdict and $53.9 million award to Black & Decker for Positec USA’s infringement of DeWalt tool products and packaging trade dress and trademarks was so tainted by flawed cons...