IP Law Daily
A complete daily report of the intellectual property news that affects your practice, your clients and your world.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Intellectual Property Law.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy.
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Redbox fails to assert that Disney’s download license terms violated antitrust law
Movie kiosk operator did not adequately allege market power or anticompetitive effect, and also failed to allege copyright misuse, but it could go forward with Lanham Act false advertising claims.
$18M copyright infringement/DMCA verdict against game developers upheld
Although the district court observed that the Seventh Circuit had not interpreted Sec. 1202(b) of the DMCA, it decided to follow the practice of other circuits in finding a "dual scienter"...
Amgen loses bid for preliminary injunction to prevent launch of SENSIPAR generic
Amgen was not likely to succeed on its claim that rival Cipla’s launch of the generic drug breached a settlement agreement in a patent dispute between the parties.
‘Iron Man 3’ poster did not infringe promotional art for ‘Radix’ comics
Creators of the movie poster lacked access to the plaintiff’s artwork, the works were not "strikingly similar," and there was unrebutted evidence that the poster was independently...
Domain name generic despite promotional investment; no trademark protection
The Internet domain name OderMyOil.com was not entitled to trademark protection because it was a generic name for online oil ordering.