IP Law Daily
A complete daily report of the intellectual property news that affects your practice, your clients and your world.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Intellectual Property Law.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy.
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Chrysler cannot intervene in government seizure action against auto parts importer
Chrysler’s trademark interests in forfeiture case were adequately represented by the government.
In dispute over oil industry newsletters, failure to mitigate was not a complete defense
After a jury found that a newsletter publisher established infringement and DMCA violations by an investment firm, but that the publisher could have avoided the violations, a district court erred by...
Preliminary injunctions against toy company accused of infringing LEGO copyrights partly upheld
District court correctly determined that LEGO was likely to prove that toy maker ZURU’s action figures infringed LEGO’s copyrights and would cause irreparable harm, but injunctions over...
Supreme Court hears dispute over standard for awarding an infringer’s profits under the Lanham Act
The Justices are asked to decide whether an award of an infringer’s profits under Section 35 of the Lanham Act requires a trademark owner to show willful infringement for a violation of Section...
High Court hears trademark case asking whether res judicata doctrine applies to defenses
Question of whether res judicate encompasses "defense preclusion" has broad implications for all federal litigation.