IP Law Daily
A complete daily report of the intellectual property news that affects your practice, your clients and your world.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Intellectual Property Law.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy.
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Stephen King’s ‘Dark Tower’ protagonist not ‘substantially similar’ to comic-book character ‘The Rook’
Antihero protagonist in The Dark Tower was distinctively different from The Rook’s traditional time travelling hero.
Owner of BANKERS LIFE mark fails to thwart registration of LIBERTY BANKERS marks for insurance
Despite the similarity of the parties’ services, confusion was unlikely because the commercial impression of the marks was not similar, the relevant purchasers were sophisticated, and there was...
Prior reexamination proceedings determinations precluded obviousness finding of power converter patent
The issues between the inter partes reexamination of a high efficiency power converter patent and two previous reexaminations in related litigation were identical.
Use of colors to identify sizes for dental adhesive mixers was functional, not protectable
The district court should have applied the Louboutin test for functionality when considering whether a dental adhesive mixing system’s color scheme was entitled to trade dress...
Nonobviousness finding reversed for diagnostic camera array apparatus
The PTAB erroneously decided that a skilled artisan would not be motivated to combine a reference teaching an arrangement of cameras and lights with other references teaching placement of a patient...