IP Law Daily
A complete daily report of the intellectual property news that affects your practice, your clients and your world.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Intellectual Property Law.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Following retrial, Walmart burned for $95.5M for infringing BACKYARD grill marks
In damages phase of lawsuit brought by Variety Stores, jury finds that Walmart’s infringement was willful and awards over $45 million in royalties and $50 million in profits. A 2018 award of...
‘Method of Monitoring a Protected Space’ was ineligible under Section 101
The patented invention was directed to the abstract idea of providing an efficient means to collect and disseminate information about "protected spaces," such as computer rooms that need to...
R&B group Ready for the World not ready to let former singer use name for band
Group obtains preliminary injunction barring former member Melvin Riley and other performers from using the registered trademark "Ready for the World" or similar names in connection with...
Construction of claims reversed in suit over circuit boards against Intel and Ibiden
A district court erred in reading a "repeated desmear process" limitation in patent claims relating to circuit boards and by failing to give the asserted claims their plain and ordinary...
Standing, mootness halt PTAB appeal after Momenta abandons drug development
After terminating development of a competing drug, Momenta Pharmaceuticals no longer had standing to appeal a ruling by the PTAB that sustained a patent for treating rheumatoid arthritis. The appeal...