IP Law Daily
A complete daily report of the intellectual property news that affects your practice, your clients and your world.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Intellectual Property Law.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Mexican-style ice cream mark not sufficiently distinctive to merit protection
In a trademark and false advertising dispute between competing makers of Mexican-style ice cream bars called "paletas," the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C. affirmed the district...
StubHub did not violate DTSA through use of publicly available computer code
Online ticket marketplace StubHub did not violate the Defend Trade Secrets Act when it hired three employees from another company who allegedly misused proprietary information to create a group...
‘St. Roch Market’ operator barred from using name outside New Orleans
The City of New Orleans and the New Orleans Building Corporation (NOBC) have been granted a preliminary injunction by the federal district court in New Orleans, barring the lessee of the St. Roch...
Boat manufacturer’s former employee beats trade dress infringement, trade secrets misappropriation claims
The federal district court in Tampa did not err in deciding on summary judgment that fishing boat manufacturer Yellowfin Yachts failed to establish that a former executive and his company were liable...
Medical device maker to get second try at discovery for German litigation
In a long-running global trade secret dispute between medical device makers Heraeus Kulzer GmbH and Biomet, Inc., over Heraeus’s proprietary formula for bone cement used in orthopedic surgery...