IP Law Daily
A complete daily report of the intellectual property news that affects your practice, your clients and your world.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Intellectual Property Law.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
BASF’s catalytic converter patent was not invalid for indefiniteness
The federal district court in Wilmington, Delaware, erred in finding that a patent directed to a dual coating systems for performing catalytic conversion of exhaust owned by BASF Corporation was...
Fox’s use of ‘Empire’ for TV show and music releases did not violate record label’s trademark rights
The use by Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox Broadcasting Company ("Fox") of the name "Empire" for a television series and associated music releases did not violate the...
Preliminary injunction granted salon to protect confidential trade secret information
Osborne Associates, Inc., d/b/a Generations Salon Services ("Generations Salon") was entitled to a preliminary injunction against Silver Salons & Spas, LLC ("Silver Salons"...
Waiver rule not applicable to patent venue challenge, but timeliness is relevant
Ruling on a petition for a writ of mandamus, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has vacated a decision of the federal district court in Boston, holding that Micron Technology, Inc...
Copyright Act preempted Virginia computer fraud claims over reproduction, transfer of data
The Copyright Act preempted Virginia state-law computer fraud claims based on allegations that cloud computing services provider MicroStrategy Services Corp. copied and transferred data owned by...