IP Law Daily
A complete daily report of the intellectual property news that affects your practice, your clients and your world.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Intellectual Property Law.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Medical device maker cleared of infringement could not seek verdict of invalidity
A medical device maker defending itself against a patent infringement suit was not entitled to an amendment of a no-infringement judgment to include the jury’s verdict of patent invalidity, the...
Summary judgment ruling invalidating bed frame patent claims vacated for procedural and legal errors
A district court’s summary judgment ruling invalidating two claims of a patent for a bed frame as obvious and dismissing the patent owner’s claims with prejudice has been vacated by the U...
Court pares down soil sample tracking patent infringement litigation
Taplogic, LLC’s ("Taplogic") motion for summary judgment of non-infringement on all claims, except independent Claim 1, of U.S. Patent No. 8,286,857 ("the ’857 Patent"...
Trademark license rights do not survive rejection by bankruptcy court
Trademark licenses are categorically unprotected from court-approved rejection during bankruptcy, unless and until Congress should decide otherwise, the United States Court of Appeals for the First...
Summary judgment of no invalidity could not be based on patent claim’s survival of multiple reexaminations
In a lawsuit involving the alleged infringement of an Exmark patent that described a lawn mower with improved flow-control baffles, a federal district court erroneously based its summary judgment...