IP Law Daily
A complete daily report of the intellectual property news that affects your practice, your clients and your world.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Intellectual Property Law.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy.
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Lawsuit over ownership of over $11B in Bitcoin and Bitcoin IP will proceed to trial
Jury could find that David Kleiman, who died in 2013, along with Craig Wright, was the co-creator of Bitcoin and co-owner of Bitcoin source code and other IP.
Tesla can present evidence of punitive damages in trade secrets suit against former employee
The court prohibited the former employee from asserting a defamation counterclaim but also barred Tesla from arguing a market capitalization theory alleging damages to Tesla’s stock.
First Amendment bars former pro wrestler’s misappropriation claims over videogame character
Even if the former wrestler inspired the videogame character, his likeness had been so transformed that it had become primarily the defendants’ own expression.
Tecfidera® infringement suit barred by collateral estoppel
Patent-in-suit was found invalid by another court in a prior lawsuit.
Caroling competitor infringed copyright in sound recordings of 18 Christmas songs
Liability was established on infringement of 18 sound recordings of Christmas songs, but questions remained on infringement of a script for an act that accompanied the songs.