IP Law Daily
A complete daily report of the intellectual property news that affects your practice, your clients and your world.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Intellectual Property Law.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Nonprofit organization’s use of Indianapolis skyline photo in conference brochure was ‘fair’
The Midwest Regional Network for Intervention with Sex Offenders (MRNISO) was entitled to summary judgment of trademark infringement claims based on its fair use defense because its use of Richard N...
Appeals court green lights movie about 1977 Lynyrd Skynyrd plane crash
The federal district court in Manhattan erred by permanently enjoining the release of a motion picture about the 1977 airplane crash that killed members of the band Lynyrd Skynyrd and the effect of...
President Trump signs Music Modernization Act
President Trump has signed bipartisan legislation revising and modernizing the music licensing regime codified in the Copyright Act in response to changes in the industry stemming from digital and...
Inventor owned probiotic compound ‘know how’; trade secret misappropriation claims against him dismissed
In an action over ownership of trade secrets in a probiotic compound sold under the mark "VSL#3," as a matter of contract law the inventor owned the "know how" and therefore the...
Patent to detect tuberculosis causing infection ineligible as directed to natural phenomenon
Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.’s patent addressing methods for detecting the pathogenic bacterium Mycobacterium tuberculosis MTB infection, a major cause of tuberculosis, was directed to patent...