IP Law Daily
A complete daily report of the intellectual property news that affects your practice, your clients and your world.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Intellectual Property Law.
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy.
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Photographer captures infringement judgment over cornhole tournament sponsor’s misuse of casino pic
However, factual issues prevented summary adjudication of the sponsor’s fair use and unclean hands defenses.
Hip-hop ‘mixtape’ streamer directly infringed copyrights in sound recordings
The streaming service did not qualify for the DMCA safe harbor because it lacked a "repeat infringer" policy and a designated agent for receiving infringement notifications.
Judgment of $5.4M for infringement of toy helicopter patent entered after jury trial
Following a jury trial, the court entered judgment of $5,385,843 on the patent infringement claim and but ordered a new trial on the breach of contract claim after the jury awarded $4,085,899 in...
Copyrightability of industrial turntable control system’s software code remains in dispute
Rotary turntable control system’s technical drawings were not copyrightable, but underlying software source code could be, depending on full development of factual record.