Health Reform WK-EDGE
Complete health reform news delivered daily.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Health Reform
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
You want to play, put some skin the game
CMS Administrator Seema Verma explained that "after six years of experience, the time has come to put real ‘accountability’ in accountable care organizations" (ACO) in...
Inpatient psychiatric facilities will see increases in per diem payments in FY 2019
CMS estimates that payments under the Medicare inpatient psychiatric facility prospective payment system (IPF PPS) will increase by 1.10 percent or $50 million in fiscal year (FY) 2019, while the IPF...
IRFs to see $105 million increase in reimbursement for FY 2019
Inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) will receive a $105 million payment increase under the IRF prospective payment system (PPS) for fiscal year (FY) 2019, according to a Final rule. The rule...
FY 2019 payments to hospices will increase by 1.8 percent
CMS estimates that aggregate payments to hospices in FY 2019 will increase by $340 million compared to payments in FY 2018. The hospice cap amount for the 2019 cap year will be $29,205.44, which is...
CMS ordered to reveal documents in 2014 Medicare Advantage overpayment rule challenge
A federal district court in Washington, D.C. ruled that documents involving a 2012 CMS rulemaking related to overpayments, which had been already disclosed, were no longer protected by the...