Health Law Daily
A complete, daily report of breaking news in health law.
Breaking news and expert analysis on health law and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Home health payment reform finally draws near
Home health payments will drop to 30 day units and receive a 1.5 percent update, while incorporating patient characteristics into consideration for case-mix groups.
Opioid use by Medicare Part D beneficiaries declines in 2018
Opioid use has decreased among Part D beneficiaries along with an increase in MAT services for disorder in the past two years.
Medicare needs better ways to report, enforce serious hospice violations
A new report surveyed worst-case scenarios, such as an Alzheimer’s patient who had to have a leg partially amputated after going untreated for ulcers in both heels.
Class III medical device litigation doesn’t necessarily trigger federal question jurisdiction
Federal question jurisdiction is not triggered by the mere presence of an FDA-approved medical device in the action.
Court sets aside HHS’ regulation of prescription drug TV marketing
HHS lacked the authority under the Social Security Act to adopt the WAC Disclosure Rule, which was set to go into effect on July 9, 2019.