Health Law Daily
A complete, daily report of breaking news in health law.
Breaking news and expert analysis on health law and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Advertisers score win against San Francisco’s sugar-sweetened beverage ordinance
The American Beverage Association, California Retailers Association, and the California State Outdoor Advertising Association (the Associations) won their appeal for a preliminary injunction seeking t...
Part D sponsor assessed CMPs for auto-forwarding requests to IRE
CMS imposed a $3,600 civil money penalty (CMP) against Premier Health Insuring Company for failing to make timely decisions related to Medicare Part D coverage determinations, appeals, and grievances....
State agency, not district court, has exclusive jurisdiction over MaineCare provider termination
A state Superior Court erred when it entered summary judgment declaring that the Maine District Court, and not the Maine Department of Health and Human Services (state agency) had exclusive original j...
FCA retaliation claim dismissed, no protected activity shown
A pharmaceutical company was not liable for retaliation under the False Claims Act (FCA) (31 U.S.C. §3729 et seq.) when no evidence of protected activity or notice to employer was found a federal...
Sanders’ Medicare-for-all, Graham-Cassidy’s block grant legislation introduced in Senate
Two health care proposals were introduced on September 13, 2017, one from a group of Democratic Senators led by Bernie Sanders (I-VT) calling for a single-payer health care system and another from Rep...