Health Law Daily
A complete, daily report of breaking news in health law.
Breaking news and expert analysis on health law and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Negligence, products liability, breach of implied warranty claims against hip part manufacturer proceed
A hip arthroplasty patient brought claims against the hospital and the manufacturer after the implanted device failed.
Patients unable to establish general causation between IUD and intracranial condition
General causation was threshold issue in the medical device litigation, and the knowledge of lay jurors is not sufficient to decide issue of complex science.
New e-cigarette products subject to premarket tobacco product application requirements
A new guidance clarifies when premarket approval is required for a new electronic nicotine delivery system and what specific considerations applicants should take in to account in preparing their...
Co-owner and manager of medical compounding facility involved in 2012 meningitis outbreak acquitted on fraud charges
Federal judge finds the owner and manager of a drug compounding facility not guilty of conspiring to defraud the FDA because the FDA did not have regulatory oversight over compounding facilities.
Personal care home license not fundamental property interest
The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services was not required to convene a pre-deprivation hearing prior to revoking a "regular" personal care home license and issuing a "provisional...