Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Yellen to leave Fed when Powell is sworn in as Chair
Federal Reserve Board Chair Janet L. Yellen sent a letter to President Trump submitting her resignation as Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System effective upon the swearing...
Senate Banking releases text of proposed bill
Members of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs have released the full text of a bill that includes regulatory reform in the financial services industry. The Economic...
Otting confirmed as Comptroller of the Currency
The Senate has confirmed the nomination of Joseph Otting as the next Comptroller of the Currency by a 54-43 vote. The vote was almost strictly on party lines, with only two Democrats voting...
Cordray to step down as CFPB director
Richard Cordray will resign his post as director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau before the end of the month. In an email to CFPB staff announcing his departure, Cordray listed Bureau...
Senate regulatory reform proposal draws praise and criticism
Senate Banking Committee members and industry groups have weighed in with support and opposition to proposed legislation that would change the financial regulatory framework. Senate Banking Committee...