Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Mortgage servicer’s property inspection contractor not a debt collector
A company that performed inspection services for a mortgage servicer, which were required to satisfy requirements of the Federal Housing Administration, was not engaged in debt collection under the...
Fed fines Citigroup $8.6M for mortgage servicing deficiencies
The Federal Reserve Board has fined Citigroup $8.6 million for the improper execution of residential mortgage-related documents while subject to a 2011 consent order requiring the financial...
FinCEN extends temporary relief from Beneficial Ownership Rule
The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network announced a 30-day extension of the exception from the obligations of the Beneficial Ownership Rule for Legal Entity Customers. The extension applies for...
Debt buyers are debt collectors under consumer debt collection act
A company whose sole business is buying and collecting consumer debts is a debt collector under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, according to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit...
Bank of England working paper examines sufficiency of macroprudential regulators
A Bank of England working paper examines how well equipped today’s macroprudential regulators are equipped to deal with a re-run of the factors that led to the global financial crisis. Authors...