Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Trade groups file amicus briefs in challenge to OCC interest rate rule
Two amicus curiae briefs were filed in support of the OCC in a federal lawsuit filed by state attorneys general challenging an OCC rule that expressly provides that when a bank transfers a loan, the...
Consumer did not establish threshold ‘injury’ to sustain her FDCPA claim
The consumer claimed that a collection letter to her violated the FDCPA because it stated that if she disputed the amount or validity of the alleged debt, she needed to communicate that "in...
Agency heads directed to temporarily freeze all pending regulatory actions
According to the memorandum issued by Biden’s new Chief of Staff, the temporary freeze will allow new appointees to review any new or pending rules.
FDIC revises guidelines for appeals process
The amended guidelines are intended to enhance the independence of appeals decisions and to clarify relevant procedures and timeframes.
Biden nominates FTC Commissioner Chopra to head CFPB
Reaction from Congress and the banking industry came quickly after President-elect Joe Biden nominated current FTC Commissioner Rohit Chopra to lead the CFPB.