Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Brief targets claim that state law did not ‘significantly interfere’ with National Bank Act
Seven industry and consumer advocacy groups bolstered Bank of America’s call for a rehearing over a decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, arguing that the panel provided...
Wells Fargo fined $1 billion for auto loan, mortgage practices
In a coordinated action, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency assessed Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., a $1 billion penalty for alleged violations of the...
Senators, industry react to auto lending guidance rollback
A number of U.S. senators and industry and advocacy groups issued statements reacting to Senate approval of S.J. Res. 57, a Congressional Review Act Resolution to disapprove the Consumer Financial...
Consumer groups oppose Senate vote to rollback auto lending guidance
Consumer groups are speaking out against the scheduled Senate vote to use the Congressional Review Act to strike down Consumer Financial Protection Bureau guidance on auto lending that has been in...
Brown rebukes Mulvaney for undermining Bureau mission
Senator Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Ranking Member of the Senate Banking Committee, criticized Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Acting Director Mick Mulvaney for "his efforts to roll back the...