Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
CFPB provides flexibility and clarity to mortgage lenders on collecting information
In order to provide greater clarity for mortgage lenders regarding their obligations in collecting consumer ethnicity and race information, while promoting compliance with rules intended to ensure con...
New York proposes registration, reporting, and cybersecurity requirements for credit reporting agencies
In response to the Equifax data security breach, New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo has directed the state’s Department of Financial Services to issue a proposed rule that would require credit re...
Student loan securitizer, collection contractor agree to $21.5 million settlement
National Collegiate Student Loan Trusts and its debt collection contractor, Transworld Systems, Inc., have agreed to pay more than $21.5 million to settle Consumer Financial Protection Bureau charges ...
Congress looks for hearings, documents on Equifax data breach
Democrats and Republicans from both the House of Representatives and the Senate are calling for investigations into the massive data breach revealed by Equifax, and proposed legislation is introduced ...
Attorney, structured settlement buyers fend off most of CFPB suit
Three related companies that bought structured settlements from consumers, three individuals who controlled the companies, and an associated attorney have convinced a U.S. district judge to dismiss fo...