Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Bank immune under Bank Secrecy Act for report filed in bad faith
A financial institution is immune from liability under the BSA for a SAR, even if the SAR was filed in bad faith or was filed for a malicious intent. There is no "good faith" requirement to...
Maryland A.G. settles with reverse mortgage servicer over illegal inspection fees
Reverse mortgage servicer Celink and the Maryland A.G. have reached a settlement that resolves allegations from the state that the servicer charged homeowners illegal inspection fees. After being...
FDIC board approves proposed tailoring of regulations for foreign banks
The FDIC Board approves proposals to tailor certain capital and resolution planning requirements for foreign banks.
Warren seeks answers from potential Fed nominees
Senator Elizabeth Warren has requested answers from two potential Fed nominees regarding statements they have made in the past that she asserted show a lack of understanding of the Fed’s role...
Fed adopts examination procedures for CFPB Prepaid Accounts Rule
The Fed adopted revised examination procedures for the CFPB’s Prepaid Accounts Rule, which went into effect April 1, 2019, incorporating amendments made to Reg. E and Reg. Z.