Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
CFPB reports credit invisibility, mortgage shopping problems, fair lending efforts
Going forward, the CFPB will endeavor to insure that the marketplace is innovating in ways that enhance consumer choice.
Tax payment agreement is subject to TILA and EFTA
A consumer’s tax payment agreement with a third party to finance payment of local property taxes is a consumer credit transaction subject to the Truth in Lending Act and the Electronic Funds...
After BB&T announcement, Warren presses Fed on bank merger approvals
Senator Warren has renewed questions to the Federal Reserve about its oversight process for bank mergers and acquisitions. She expressed concern that the Fed’s high approval rate for mergers...
Arithmetic does not affect the 'character' of a debt being collected
The Seventh Circuit concluded that a debt collector does not misrepresent a debt’s "character" by reporting to a credit bureau the individual amounts of the debtor’s unpaid...
BB&T, SunTrust Banks agree to merge at end of 2019
SunTrust Banks and BB&T have agreed to an all-stock merger of equals, combining to be the sixth-largest U.S. bank with approximately $442 billion in assets.