Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our reprint policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Payday lenders seek summary judgment in ‘Operation Choke Point’ suit against banking regulators
Payday lenders have filed a motion for summary judgment in their lawsuit targeting what it characterizes as efforts by the Federal Reserve Board, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and...
Rounds introduces economic growth legislation, seeks to ‘keep the momentum going’
Senator Mike Rounds (R-SD) has introduced a legislative package comprised of six bills intended to remove regulatory burdens for investors and small businesses seeking to raise capital to create jobs...
New York fines Mashreqbank $40M for Bank Secrecy Act violations
The New York Department of Financial Services (DFS) has fined United Arab Emirates-based Mashreqbank PSC and its New York branch $40 million for Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering violations...
Bipartisan letter demands answers amid reports Facebook sought bank info
Amid reports that Facebook has been asking large banks for detailed financial information about their customers, Sens. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) and John Kennedy (R-La), both members of the Senate...
OCC decides where bank is ‘located,’ Utah Supreme Court says
The National Bank Act’s use of "located" is ambiguous, and that ambiguity allows the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency to settle on a reasonable interpretation of the word...