Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Fed issues credit reporting, mortgage servicing examination procedures for CARES Act compliance
The procedures apply to the CARES Act provisions that created new requirements for furnishers of credit information and mortgage servicers of federally backed mortgage loans with respect to COVID-19...
Proposed FDCPA class actions claiming misleading, unfair collection letters rejected
The consumers’ theory of their concrete and particularized injury did not meet the threshold necessary for Article III standing.
CFPB revokes payday lending rule’s ability-to-pay requirement
After considering 197,000 comments, the CFPB has revoked the ability-to-pay requirement contained in its payday lending rule that is codified at 12 CFR Part 1041. The CFPB’s action relieves...
Government-debt exception to the TCPA ruled unconstitutional
Telephone Consumer Protection Act prohibition on robocalls to cell phones was upheld, with the Court severing the debt collection portion of the Act rather than invalidating the entire robocall...