Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Banking agencies make further changes to capital rule to encourage lending to households and businesses
The banking agencies—Fed, FDIC, and OCC—have taken additional regulatory action to support lending to households and businesses.
For FDCPA purposes, repo company’s ‘present right to possess’ car determined by Indiana law
A consumer’s FDCPA claim goes forward because, under Indiana law, the debt collector lost the present right to possess the consumer’s car when the peace was breached during the...
Fed announces adjustments to supervisory approach due to COVID-19
The Federal Reserve Board will change its supervisory approach due to the COVID-19 pandemic to focus primarily on monitoring and outreach. It will temporarily reduce examination activity, including...
Democrats roll out stimulus and public policy legislation in response to COVID-19 crisis
Congressional Democrats have released legislation aimed at protecting consumers, small businesses, community financial institutions, financial markets, and state and local governments in response to...
Fed to make unlimited government securities purchases; adds new tools to support economy
In its efforts to support the economy during the fallout of the coronavirus pandemic, the Federal Reserve Board has taken additional steps to support the flow of credit to households and businesses.