Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Under new director, FHFA urges Fifth Circuit to uphold constitutionality of for-cause removal provision
Under its interim director, the FHFA had previously elected not to defend the constitutionality of a provision allowing FHFA’s director to be removed by the President only for cause, which a...
FHFA Inspector General reports on BSA/AML program examinations at FHLBanks
The FHFA failed to support a conclusion in the examination report for one of the FHLBanks.
Volcker Rule amended to exclude smaller banks
The federal banking agencies have adopted a final rule that will exclude small banks from the Volcker Rule.
CRS issues report on beneficial ownership transparency
The CRS has released a report discussing U.S. regulatory and legislative responses to the problem of lack of beneficial ownership information for U.S. corporations, which is a key vulnerability in...
Industry responds to CFPB request for feedback on Overdraft Rule
Industry associations, consumer groups and a coalition of state Attorneys General have commented in response to the CFPB’s request regarding the Bureau’s review of its Overdraft Rule. The...