Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Collector’s phone conversation with consumer’s sister not a ‘communication’ violating FDCPA
In a case of first impression for the Circuit, the panel emphasized that "conveying information about a debt collector is not the same as conveying information about a debt."
FFIEC updates BSA/AML examination manual
The FFIEC released updated versions of four sections of the Examination Manual: Assessing Compliance with BSA Regulatory Requirements; Customer Identification Program; Currency Transaction Reporting...
FinCEN advisory targets COVID-19-related financial crimes
FinCEN provides institutions with information on fraud and theft related to Economic Impact Payments as well as red flags and SAR key terms and filing instructions.
FDIC releases 2020 4Q bank earnings
2020 net income declined 36.5 percent, but quarterly net income increased 9.1 percent from a year ago
NY AG ends virtual currency trading platform Bitfinex’s illegal activities
Bitfinex and virtual currency issuer Tether must pay $18.5 million in penalties.