Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
CFPB advises FIs to report suspected elder financial abuse
The CFPB has updated an advisory on financial abuse of the elderly to urge financial institutions to report suspected abuse to authorities.
Reps grill Facebook exec on Libra crypto plans
Facebook’s planned virtual currency will serve underbanked consumers and foster more efficiency in transactions, according to the head of Facebook subsidiary Calibra, Inc., but legislators...
Rules on recordkeeping, joint account determinations amended
The FDIC has amended its deposit insurance regulations to create an alternative way to show joint ownership of a deposit account and make it easier for financial institutions to comply with a...
Industry associations express support for CFPB regulatory review plan
Comment letters have been sent by industry associations responding to the CFPB’s plan for review of rules that have a significant economic impact upon a substantial number of small entities.
Under new director, FHFA urges Fifth Circuit to uphold constitutionality of for-cause removal provision
Under its interim director, the FHFA had previously elected not to defend the constitutionality of a provision allowing FHFA’s director to be removed by the President only for cause, which a...