Banking and Finance Law Daily
Stay up to date on banking and finance law news with our comprehensive daily report.
Breaking news and expert analysis on Banking & Finance legal and compliance developments
What good is the right knowledge if it’s at the wrong time?
A complete daily report of the news that affects your world
- View full summaries of federal and state court decisions
- Access full text of legislative and regulatory developments
- Customize your daily email by topic and/or jurisdiction
- Search archives for stories of interest
Not just news – the right news
- Get expert analysis written by subject matter specialists—created by attorneys for attorneys
- Track law firms and organizations in the headlines with our new “Who’s in the News” feature
- Promote your firm with our permissions policy
24/7 access for a 24/7 world
- Forward information with special copyright permissions, encouraging collaboration between counsel and colleagues
- Save time with mobile apps for your iPhone, iPad, or Android
- Access all links from any mobile device without being prompted for user name and password
Debt-collection exception to TCPA unconstitutional
Consumer’s suit alleging violations of the TCPA moves forward against Facebook.
House committee passes housing rights, flood insurance bills
The House Financial Services Committee passed legislation intended to reform the National Flood Insurance Program, protect housing rights, and strengthen the financial system.
Rescheduling a foreclosure sale is not a RESPA violation
Regulation X of RESPA forbids a loan servicer from moving for a foreclosure order of sale after a borrower has submitted a complete loss-mitigation application, but does not prohibit rescheduling a...
Senate bill would crack down on anonymous shell companies and modernize anti-money laundering laws
Senate Banking Committee members Mark Warner (D-Va), Tom Cotton (R-Ark), Doug Jones (D-Ala), and Mike Rounds (R-SD) have introduced bipartisan legislation that would improve corporate transparency...
Lawmakers ask CFPB to reconsider amending debt collection practices reg
A group of Democratic Senators have submitted a letter to the CFPB that is critical of the Bureau’s proposal to amend the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.