By Wayne D. Garris Jr., J.D.
In case you missed the in-depth coverage of Labor & Employment Law Daily for August, here’s a recap of some key developments in the L&E community.
Highlights from the August 2020 recap include:
Court will mull fate of the ACA
- Sens. Merkley and Sanders introduce National Biometric Privacy Act
Federal courts of appeal decisions
- EMS captain’s Facebook post about police shooting addressed a matter of public concern
- Employer committed ULP when it unilaterally reduced pension contributions
- Tennessee enacts COVID-19 immunity law
- California’s battle with rideshare companies over employee status continues
- Courts consider applicability of FAA transportation worker exemption for delivery drivers
MainStory: Arbitration Covid19 BenefitsNews PensionBenefitPlans AgencyNews ClassActions EmployeeStatus Retaliation SexualHarassment StateLawClaims SupremeCourtNews WhiteHouseNews Immigration PublicEmployees WageHour MinimumWage Labor UnfairLaborPractices UnionsMembers FederalLegislation FederalRegulations StateLegislation Privacy EmployeeLeave TortClaims IndividualRights GCNNews
Interested in submitting an article?
Submit your information to us today!Learn More