By Payroll and Entitlements Editorial Staff
West Virginia has issued magnetic media specs for Form W-2.
- Any employer who uses a payroll service or is required to file a withholding return for 25 or more employees must file electronically.
- West Virginia is operating on a January 31 due date.
- 2019 withholding data must be submitted via MyTaxes secure website.
- All files MUST contain the IT-103 in the RV record .
- Note! the money fields in the RV record differ from the standard EFW2 format.
- Use only WHOLE DOLLAR entries.
- For every RE, there must be a corresponding RV record
- The submission MUST include the RS and RV record.
- Failure to include these records will result in the submission being rejected. (West Virginia State Tax Department, WV/IT-105 , 2019 Electronic Media Specifications – Form W-2, October 2019.)
Interested in submitting an article?
Submit your information to us today!Learn More