By Payroll and Entitlements Editorial Staff
On July 20, the Department of Labor announced that it has published more guidance for workers and employers on how the protections and requirements of the FLSA (19 questions), the FMLA (13 questions), and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) (now 96 questions addressing definitions, eligibility, coverage, application, and enforcment) affect workplaces as they reopen amid the coronavirus pandemic. The Wage and Hour Division guidance includes commonly asked questions and answers (Q&As) that address critical issues in all three laws; this guidance has been periodically updated, but each guidance document is not separately dated.
Compliance assistance materials. The DOL said that the new guidance is the latest addition to that compliance assistance materials that the WHD has published. These materials include information about the FFCRA:
- A Fact Sheet for Employees;
- A Fact Sheet for Employers;
- A Questions and Answers resource:
- A guidance poster for federal workers (that fulfills notice requirements);
- A guidance poster for all other employees (that fulfills notice requirements);
- Questions and Answers about posting requirements; and
- Simple Quick Benefits Tips to determine how much paid leave the FFCRA allows workers to take.
Interested in submitting an article?
Submit your information to us today!Learn More