By Payroll and Entitlements Editorial Staff
The Illinois Department of Revenue has issued an informational bulletin that summarizes changes to the withholding income tax filing season for 2019.
The changes summarized in the bulletin include:
- Beginning January 1, 2019, the personal exemption allowed for individuals on Form IL-1040, Illinois Individual Income Tax, is increased from $2,225 per person to $2,275 due to a renewal of the cost-of-living adjustments;
- Form IL-941 is required to be filed electronically; if taxpayers are unable to file electronically, they may request a waiver by filing Form IL-900-EW;
- Forms W-2 and W-2G are required to be submitted electronically by January 31, 2019;
- A new electronic bulk submission option is available for Forms W-2, W-2G, W-2c, and 1099 through "MyTax"; and
- Taxpayers are reminded that if they are assigned to the monthly payment schedule and withhold more than $12,000 a quarter, they must begin paying semi-weekly in the following quarter, the remainder of the year, and the subsequent year. (Informational Bulletin FY 2019-18, Illinois Department of Revenue, January 2019.)
Interested in submitting an article?
Submit your information to us today!Learn More