By Payroll and Entitlements Editorial Staff
The administration has finalized a set of rules enabling employers to use health reimbursement arrangements to reimburse employees for the purchase individual insurance coverage, including coverage on an Affordable Care Act Exchange. The rules also allow "excepted benefit HRAs," which would not have to be integrated with any coverage. The rules generally apply for plan years starting on or after January 1, 2020.
The Minnesota Business Tax Education Partnership is holding July seminars for employers and their representatives with experts from the following agencies: Minnesota Department of Revenue, Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program, Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry, United States Department of Labor, and the Minnesota Workers' Compensation Insurers Association.
The seminars will cover:
- Worker status (independent contractor vs. employee),
- Employment tax basics (withholding, depositing, and reporting),
- Unemployment Insurance (tax rates, wage reporting, and benefit account issues),
- Federal and State Labor Standards (wage and hour), and
- Workers’ Compensation (requirements) .
The seminars will be held:
- Date: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Location: Washington County Government Center - Stillwater, MN
- Date: Thursday, July 18, 2019 Time: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Location: Minnesota West Community & Technical College - Worthington, MN
There is no fee, but advance registration is required: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/employment-taxes-and-employer-responsibilities-seminar-7092019-stillwater-registration-58811802685 or https://www.eventbrite.com/e/employment-taxes-and-employer-responsibilities-seminar-7092019-stillwater-registration-58811802685. (Minnesota Department of Revenue Daily Digest Bulletin, June 12, 2019.)
Interested in submitting an article?
Submit your information to us today!Learn More