As our society has shifted and sometimes become entrenched along religious and cultural lines, including the “appropriate” and “acceptable” expression of sex and sexuality, employers have faced evolving manifestations of these shifts in their own workplaces. Even our understanding of the expanding label “LGBTQ+” is evolving. Who are the people who fall under that acronym? How might they be discriminated against in the U.S. workplaces? What does that discrimination look like?
- Who are we talking about?
- In the courts
- What does discrimination look like?
- Greater understanding
- Dealing with gender fluidity
- Employer-sponsored healthcare
- Threading the needle on religious accommodations
- Commissioner Feldblum and Justice Kennedy
- Avoiding discrimination pitfalls
- Employer best practices
- When a compliant is lodged
Complete the form to download our latest labor and employment law special briefing, “Evolving trends: LGBTQ+ issues in the workplace.”