Since the implementation of ICD-10, strict documentation practices have become crucial to maintaining a climate of compliance — and avoiding government audits. As a new coder or auditor, not only is understanding E/M guidelines foundational to reimbursement, but also knowing how payors interpret national guidelines plays a key role in compliance.
Focusing on fundamental E/M documentation with an in-depth look at top risk areas for payor review, this live webinar will also cover vulnerabilities with inpatient services and an emphasis on collaborative visits with physicians and NPPs. Attendees will:
- Get an overview of E/M criteria for new, established, admission, and subsequent visits with 2017 changes.
- Review the top risk areas for 2017 audits in relation to regulatory guidance.
- Learn how time-based services can solidify E/M visits to override criteria.
- Determine how to prioritize medical decision making as part of the audit process.
- Understand the basics of “incident to” and shared services with consideration to regulatory constraints based on place of service.
Jana Weis, Principal of Gill Compliance Solutions, LLC, is a renowned compliance coding professional with a bent for ingenuity and innovation. Mrs. Weis is well regarded for her depth of compliance regulations and performance improvement methodologies using proprietary technology and virtual tools. Her professional successes and 20 years of experience in medical auditing, litigation, and compliance led her to form GCS in 2010. Along with her talented team, Jana also assists health systems and independent clinics with managing internal/external compliance audits, government payment appeals, RAC risk assessments, and acquisition due diligence.