CPT 2019 published significant changes for reporting fine needle aspiration biopsy and skin biopsy procedures. In addition, guidelines include a hierarchy for coding multiple biopsies. This presentation will provide clinical descriptions for many of the surgical procedures along with examples, decision trees and exercises. The program concludes with a summary of changes to other sections of CPT (such as Radiology, Pathology and Laboratory).
At the conclusion of the Webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Differentiate between new biopsy codes
- Apply hierarchy for coding multiple skin biopsies
- Distinguish between PICC line procedure codes
- Identify documentation to support revision and insertion of gastrostomy tube
- Explain new urinary system procedures
- Summarize changes to other sections of CPT